fortran indentation

  • Peng Yu
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 4, 2013

      I have the following f90 program indented as such in vim.

      program hello
      print *, "Hello World!"
      end program hello

      However, it might be better to have the code indented like the
      following (notice the "print" line). Does anybody know if there is a
      plugin for it in vim? Thanks!

      program hello
      print *, "Hello World!"
      end program hello

      Regards,
      Peng

    • rudra
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 5, 2013
        On Friday, January 4, 2013 1:22:49 PM UTC, Peng Yu wrote:
        > Hi,
        >

        > I have the following f90 program indented as such in vim.
        >

        > program hello
        >
        > print *, "Hello World!"
        >
        > end program hello
        >

        > However, it might be better to have the code indented like the
        >
        > following (notice the "print" line). Does anybody know if there is a
        >
        > plugin for it in vim? Thanks!
        >

        > program hello
        >
        > print *, "Hello World!"
        >
        > end program hello
        >

        > Regards,
        >
        > Peng

        Hi,
        use fortran code complete.
        This will solve your problem

      • Peng Yu
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 5, 2013
          > use fortran code complete.
          > This will solve your problem

          Hi,

          I don't understand what you mean by "fortran code complete". Would you
          please help elaborate a little more? Thanks!

          Peng

        • stosss
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 5, 2013
            On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 1:40 PM, Peng Yu <pengyu.ut@...> wrote:
            >> use fortran code complete.
            >> This will solve your problem
            >
            > Hi,
            >
            > I don't understand what you mean by "fortran code complete". Would you
            > please help elaborate a little more? Thanks!

            I think he means a plugin for Vim called "fortran code complete".

          • Joe Gain
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 5, 2013
              Hi Peng, if you google "vim fortran codecomplete" you should find a few links, such as:

              "This script allows you to complete Fortran 90 structures by pressing <F7>.

              The plugin in written in python, so you need to have your vim compiled with python support in order to use it.

              The intention is to complete “program”, “type”, “interface”, “module”, “subroutine”, “function”, “do”, and “select” constructs. You write the first line of such a construct (e.g. “subroutine foo(a, b)”, then press <F7>, and the script will add the closing line “end subroutine foo” and put the cursor between the two lines, _indented_ by one level.
              ..."

              On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 7:40 PM, Peng Yu <pengyu.ut@...> wrote:
              > use fortran code complete.
              > This will solve your problem

              Hi,

              I don't understand what you mean by "fortran code complete". Would you
              please help elaborate a little more? Thanks!

              Peng

              joe gain

              jacob-burckhardt-str. 16
              78464 konstanz
              germany

              +49 (0)7531 60389

              (...otherwise in ???)

            • Peng Yu
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 5, 2013
                On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 12:55 PM, Joe Gain <joe.gain@...> wrote:
                > Hi Peng, if you google "vim fortran codecomplete" you should find a few
                > links, such as:

                > "This script allows you to complete Fortran 90 structures by pressing <F7>.
                >
                > The plugin in written in python, so you need to have your vim compiled with
                > python support in order to use it.
                >
                > The intention is to complete “program”, “type”, “interface”, “module”,
                > “subroutine”, “function”, “do”, and “select” constructs. You write the first
                > line of such a construct (e.g. “subroutine foo(a, b)”, then press <F7>, and
                > the script will add the closing line “end subroutine foo” and put the cursor
                > between the two lines, _indented_ by one level.
                > ..."

                <F7> is already taken on my vim. I use the following for indentation.
                Is there a way to change the shortcut from <F7> to --.

                Also, I disabled my <F7> definition in ~/.vimrc, but I don't see <F7>
                can indent the code block. Does <F7> work for you? Thanks!

                187 "full file indent
                188 fun BenIndent()
                189 let oldLine=line('.')
                190 normal gg=G
                191 execute ':' . oldLine
                192 endfun
                193 "map -- :call BenIndent()<Bar>normal zz<CR>
                194 map -- :call BenIndent()<CR>

                Peng

              • rudra
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 5, 2013
                  <F7> with code complete completes the blocks.
                  But, if you do not want to complete the block and want to write all, i.e. disabling <F7>, still for me, it indents do-end do etc.
                  This is my f90 specific directives in vimrc
                  " Fortran stuff
                  :let fortran_do_enddo=1
                  :let fortran_more_precise=1
                  :let fortran_free_source=1
                  :let fortran_have_tabs=1
                  filetype on
                  filetype plugin on
                  filetype indent on

                • Peng Yu
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 5, 2013
                    On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 2:51 PM, rudra <bnrj.rudra@...> wrote:
                    > <F7> with code complete completes the blocks.
                    > But, if you do not want to complete the block and want to write all, i.e. disabling <F7>, still for me, it indents do-end do etc.
                    > This is my f90 specific directives in vimrc
                    > " Fortran stuff
                    > :let fortran_do_enddo=1
                    > :let fortran_more_precise=1
                    > :let fortran_free_source=1
                    > :let fortran_have_tabs=1
                    > filetype on
                    > filetype plugin on
                    > filetype indent on

                    program hello
                    print *, "Hello World!"
                    end program hello

                    <F7> indeed can complete a block. But it won't indent the above code
                    like the following.

                    program hello
                    print *, "Hello World!"
                    end program hello