Re: printoptions=portrait:n,paper:ledger still portrait?

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2013
      On 03/01/13 18:49, Aaron Davies wrote:
      > On Jan 2, 2013, at 5:38 PM, Christian Brabandt <cblists@...> wrote:
      >
      >> On Mi, 02 Jan 2013, Aaron Davies wrote:
      >>
      >>> Iin vim 7.3.386, I have "set printoptions=portrait:n,paper:ledger" in my vimrc, but printouts come out as ledger paper, portrait. I've tested just doing "portrait:n", and that generates letter landscape correctly. Anyone know how I can fix this?
      >>
      >> Hm, If I try this, it seems to work as expected. Can you show us, what
      >> you expect (porribly a screenshot of orientation of the generated ps
      >> file).
      >
      > Well, I've "solved" it--on this system, at least, "portrait" orientation for ledger is really landscape! "portrait:y" (or just leaving it out entirely) gives landscape in combo with "paper:ledger". With no "paper" option (defaults to A4), or with "A4", "letter" or "legal", "portrait:n" behaves as expected.

      This is actually documented. If you look carefully under :help letter
      (or :help a4), you'll see that "ledger" is defined as 17 inch wide by 11
      inch tall. Paper sheets the same size, but taller than wide (i.e. 11x17
      instead) are called "tabloid".

      Keep in mind always the two constant Laws of Frisbee:
      (1) The most powerful force in the world is that of a disc
      straining to land under a car, just out of reach (this
      force is technically termed "car suck").
      (2) Never precede any maneuver by a comment more predictive
      than "Watch this!"