Double-space hardcopy

  • Aaron Davies
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2013
      How can I print hardcopy double-spaced? I'm printing syntax-highlighted source code on a color postscript printer, with line numbers turned on.

      The goal is to have room on the hardcopy to handwritten corrections/comments, so I'm looking for something that will leave the screen display the same (and of course not change all the line numbers).

      Sent from my iPhone

    • Ben Fritz
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 3, 2013
        On Thursday, January 3, 2013 11:57:06 AM UTC-6, Aaron Davies wrote:
        > How can I print hardcopy double-spaced? I'm printing syntax-highlighted source code on a color postscript printer, with line numbers turned on.
        >

        > The goal is to have room on the hardcopy to handwritten corrections/comments, so I'm looking for something that will leave the screen display the same (and of course not change all the line numbers).

        I don't know of a good way to do this. I was going to suggest the 'linespace' option but I am pretty sure it *only* affects the Vim display, and not the output of :hardcopy, which is the opposite of what you want.

        You might try using :TOhtml to get a colorized output of your buffer. Then you can tweak the line-height CSS property ( http://reference.sitepoint.com/css/line-height ) in the generated HTML to your liking, or copy-paste from your browser into Microsoft Word or LibreOffice Writer or some other tool that supports formatted copy-paste from a browser (only works with some browsers).