Re: spam

  • Gerald Klein
    Message 1 of 25 , Dec 27, 2012
      No wonder you don't post a clear picture. Rant much? And so what is wrong with the fact that people don't want their computers polluted with useless messages being injected into there inbox's and forums. Oh and by the way, it is money is the 'root'  not route like a route you would drive on a trip. I have to thank you for one thing, spam aside you gave my morning email work a bit of a laugh I don't think I have every heard a spammer actually try to justify their actions full well knowing that what they are doing annoys people. But I am glad at least you can admit it's spam, there maybe hope for you, but then again you did mention guns and evil as 'alternatives' to your given profession.

    • Dan Astle
      Message 2 of 25 , Dec 27, 2012
        whats wrong is people are like sheep, your spam box isnt your computer and guns are my solution to evil people and shouldnt be comprimised by fuckheads like you that deserve to be shot.

            Message 5 of 25 , Dec 27, 2012
              What does comprimised mean? Everybody has spell check I would think even a person such as yourself could compose an intelligent statement, but I have no idea what that means? Further my inbox is... well mine. Coping with individuals such as yourself is a kin to scraping off that unwanted substance from the bottom of my shoe after I walk through a cow pasture, unpleasant, unwanted but something that life brings you. Oh and you are the one who brought up evil and I quote 'as a matter of fact money is the route of all evil and if I cant get enough of it how evil could I be? think drugs to sell guns to buy and frustrations to take out on people that dont deserve what they got if I cant have it too fuck you.' I think that about says it. Your illiterate and pissed because you don't have what everyone else has. I also noticed that there are more of your self serving, whining 'my life is unfair, that why I do what I do' garbage flooding into my inbox, when are people like you going to realize that the more you open your mouth, the more you let people know what a insignificant miscreant (An evildoer; a villain. An infidel) you really are.

              On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 5:23 AM, Dan Astle <maximmagazine10@...> wrote:
[...]

              Gerald Klein DBA

              ContactMe@...

              www.geraldklein.com

              geraldklein.wordpress.com

              jk@...

              708-599-0352

              Arch Awesome, Ranger & Vim the coding triple threat.

              Linux registered user #548580

            • Gerald Klein

                  Message 8 of 25 , Dec 27, 2012
                    To think I almost deleted this thread without reading it. :)

                    "Root", not "route"; agreed.

                    Also, "you're", not "your" and "akin", not "a kin". (Sorry, Gerald!) In the interest of continuing to be a pedantic jerk, I could go on, but I'd hate to shame Mr. Astle back into hiding, where we would once again be deprived of his charming turn of phrase.

                    Given recent shootings--in real life, not on this list--it's not very nice to suggest people should be shot. Although, the English was so bad that it's possible you were being offered a sweetie.

                    Spam spam spam spam spam...

                    Salman

                    On Thursday, December 27, 2012, Gerald Klein wrote:
[...]

                    سلمان حلیم

                  • Dan Astle

                                        Message 19 of 25 , Dec 27, 2012
                                          On 27/12/12 07:53, Tony Mechelynck wrote:
                                          > http://www.elitetrades.com/blog/wp-content/plugins/zxmhtewfeum/gmm.html

                                          Please disregard the message quoted above. It seems that some
                                          application managed to send it to most people on my address book. I have
                                          now changed my password.

                                          Je vous prie d'ignorer le message repris ci-dessus. Il semblerait qu'une
                                          «application» (ou un virus, ou un cheval de Troie) ait réussi à
                                          l'envoyer à la plupart des adresses sur mon carnet d'adresses. J'ai à
                                          présent modifié mon mot de passe.

                                          Best regards, Tony.
                                          Amitiés, Antoine.
                                          --
                                          Bucy's Law:
                                          Nothing is ever accomplished by a reasonable man.

                                          Message 20 of 25 , Dec 28, 2012
                                            On 27/12/12 10:58, John Beckett wrote:
                                            > The message (no subject) that I am replying to consisted of a
                                            > single line which was a link to some website. It was almost
                                            > certainly spam, and possibly malware, and almost certainly was
                                            > spoofed (that is, the sender was NOT Tony).
                                            >
                                            > I have deleted the message from the Google Groups archive (but
                                            > it will be archived in many other places), and am replying
                                            > simply to alert people that we know it's spam, and all we can do
                                            > is wait until Google adjusts their system to reject future
                                            > attacks. Google has been MUCH better at rejecting spam in the
                                            > last couple of months (managers see a greatly reduced level of
                                            > spam attempts reaching the queue of messages needing approval to
                                            > be posted, and we haven't had any spoofed spam for a long time).
                                            >
                                            > John

                                            It could have been a symptom of a successful hacking of my gmail
                                            account. I found a message with some To: and Bcc: adresses which are
                                            part of my address book, but dated from a time (27 December between 8
                                            and 9 AM) when I wasn't at the computer. I have now changed my password,
                                            and I hope the intruding application (which Google had already partly
                                            "blocked") will now be stymied.

                                            ROBIN: (warily) And if you get a question wrong?
                                            ARTHUR: You are cast into the Gorge of Eternal Peril.
                                            ROBIN: Oh ... wacho!
                                            PICTURES LTD

                                          • Bram Moolenaar
                                            Message 21 of 25 , Dec 29, 2012
                                              Gerald Klein wrote:

                                              > Yea that's a feather in your cap, your a viable human being that is
                                              > contributing to society in a constructive and useful way. I am glad you
                                              > feel good about yourself and no longer feel that the world has treated you
                                              > unfairly, forcing you to invade someones privacy with your own self serving
                                              > issues. Hooray for you.
                                              >
                                              > On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 6:37 AM, Dan Astle <maximmagazine10@...>wrote:
                                              >
                                              > > Your just as insignificant as me except I can do porn and your not so
                                              > > usefull in that field..

                                              Please do not feed the trolls!

                                              Once in a while you will see messages that are unrelated to Vim,
                                              sometimes intentionally offensive. Either ignore them or reply directly
                                              to the sender, do NOT copy the list.

                                              In case of repeated trolling contact a moderator, if they haven't taken
                                              action already. In this case John already looked into it.

                                              204. You're being audited because you mailed your tax return to the IRC.

                                            • Charles E Campbell
                                              Message 22 of 25 , Jan 15, 2013
                                                Tony Mechelynck wrote:
                                                > On 27/12/12 07:53, Tony Mechelynck wrote:
                                                >> http://www.elitetrades.com/blog/wp-content/plugins/zxmhtewfeum/gmm.html
                                                >>

                                                > Please disregard the message quoted above. It seems that some
                                                > application managed to send it to most people on my address book. I
                                                > have now changed my password.
                                                >
                                                > Je vous prie d'ignorer le message repris ci-dessus. Il semblerait
                                                > qu'une «application» (ou un virus, ou un cheval de Troie) ait réussi à
                                                > l'envoyer à la plupart des adresses sur mon carnet d'adresses. J'ai à
                                                > présent modifié mon mot de passe.
                                                Hello, Tony!

                                                OK, since you asked -- I'll disregard the message.

                                                Actually, its a good thing that you changed your password -- when things
                                                get sent from someone's email that they didn't deliberately send, its
                                                often a sign that someone lifted the email/login info off a public wifi.

                                                Regards,
                                                Chip Campbell