Re: Search in the C-] tag selection window

  • Woody Wu
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 26, 2012
      On Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 09:34:36AM +0100, Tony Mechelynck wrote:
      > On 26/12/12 03:14, Woody Wu wrote:
      > >Hi,
      > >
      > >When I press C-] on a word, and if there word matches more than one
      > >tags, then vim will prompt with a list, I then choice a entry number in
      > >the list before it jumps to the desired destination.
      > >
      > >But, in some caess, a word can much many many tags, like I usually met
      > >in Linux kernel code, then it comes so hard to find out what entry is
      > >that I actually want. Here, I feel it's very good to let do some kind
      > >of search, for example, using a same '/' key.
      > >
      > >Is that possible? Or how do you guys do it?
      > >
      > >BTW: I found, the ctags is not smart enough to recognize something like
      > >'struct foo', vim will show you with all the tag named 'foo' other than
      > >the exact struct 'struct foo'.
      > >

      > If ctags isn't smart enough, try cscope, and don't forget to set the
      > 'cscopequickfix' option (see ":help csqf" without the double quotes
      > shown here and also without the single quotes normally surrounding
      > an option name).

      Thanks for telling me that. But cscope even give me more unrelative
      results than that of ctags. If you try to press C-] on the 'device' of
      below statement in linux kernel source tree, you will know my pain:
      struct device dev;

      > Best regards,
      > Tony.
      > --
      > BEDEVERE: Look! It's the old man from scene 24 - what's he Doing here?
      > ARTHUR: He is the keeper of the Bridge. He asks each traveler five
      > questions ...
      > GALAHAD: Three questions.
      > "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" PYTHON (MONTY)
      > PICTURES LTD

      woody
      I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then.