Re: Error message in Sessions plugin

  • Christian Brabandt
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 14, 2012
      Hi Eric!

      On Do, 13 Dez 2012, Eric Weir wrote:

      > Error detected while processing function xolox#session#close_cmd:
      > line 11:
      > E37: No write since last change (add ! to override)
      >
      > My guess is it means that there's a file open that has not been saved since the last change, though I'm not certain that is always the case when I get this message. My session usually has five files open. Since the message doesn't specify the file---strange for Sessions, I would think---I've tried going through and saving all the files. That's a bit of a nuisance, and I'm not certain it always works. And adding "!" for the override does not to work consistently for me.

      Here is a tip, you can always get help on an error code, e.g. :h E37

      And to make sure, all buffers are written, you can use
      :bufdo :w

      regards,
      Christian
      --
      Lache, und die Welt lacht mit Dir.
      Schnarche und Du schläfst allein.

    • Eric Weir
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 14, 2012
        On Dec 14, 2012, at 2:37 PM, Christian Brabandt wrote:

        > Here is a tip, you can always get help on an error code, e.g. :h E37
        >
        > And to make sure, all buffers are written, you can use
        > :bufdo :w

        Thanks very much, Christian. I have become very comfortable with Vim, even fond of it, but as is apparent I'm no techie. Very grateful for the generosity and kindness of this group.

        Sincerely,
        Eric Weir
        Decatur, GA
        eeweir@...

        "A man should be in the world as though he were not in it
        so that it will be no worse because of his life."

        - Wendell Berry