Error messages when installing ultisnips with vundle

  • Niels Kobschätzki
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 14, 2012
      Hi!

      When I install Ultisnips via vundle I get the following error messages
      shown for a very short moment:

      Error detected while processing
      /Users/username/Dotfiles/vim/bundle/LaTeX-Suite-aka-Vim-LaTeX/plugin/remoteOpen.vim:
      line 33:
      E174: Command already exists: add ! to replace it
      Error detected while processing
      /Users/username/Dotfiles/vim/bundle/vim-bclose/plugin/bclose.vim:
      line 61:
      E122: Function <SNR>43_Kwbd already exists, add ! to replace it

      I looked into those files and line 33 of remoteOpen.vim reads
      com -nargs=1 RemoteOpen :call RemoteOpen('<args>')

      and line 61 in bclose.vim just reads:
      endfunction (the whole function is at the end of the mail)

      Previously I had snipmate installed but after reading about ultisnips I
      wanted to try that. So I removed snipmate via vundle and installed
      ultisnips. Now the above error messages come up.

      Any ideas what I can do about it or at least get to know where the
      command and function exist as well?

      I am on OS X, using MacVim Snapshot 65 (which uses vim 7.3.646) and my
      .vim-folder is symlinked to ~/Dotfiles/vim.

      Thanks in advance for any help,

      Niels

      function from bclose.vim:
      function s:Kwbd(kwbdStage)
      if(a:kwbdStage == 1)
      if(!buflisted(winbufnr(0)))
      bd!
      return
      endif
      let s:kwbdBufNum = bufnr("%")
      let s:kwbdWinNum = winnr()
      windo call s:Kwbd(2)
      execute s:kwbdWinNum . 'wincmd w'
      let s:buflistedLeft = 0
      let s:bufFinalJump = 0
      let l:nBufs = bufnr("$")
      let l:i = 1
      while(l:i <= l:nBufs)
      if(l:i != s:kwbdBufNum)
      if(buflisted(l:i))
      let s:buflistedLeft = s:buflistedLeft + 1
      else
      if(bufexists(l:i) && !strlen(bufname(l:i)) &&
      !s:bufFinalJump)
      let s:bufFinalJump = l:i
      endif
      endif
      endif
      let l:i = l:i + 1
      endwhile
      if(!s:buflistedLeft)
      if(s:bufFinalJump)
      windo if(buflisted(winbufnr(0))) | execute "b! " .
      s:bufFinalJump | endif
      else
      enew
      let l:newBuf = bufnr("%")
      windo if(buflisted(winbufnr(0))) | execute "b! " . l:newBuf |
      endif
      endif
      execute s:kwbdWinNum . 'wincmd w'
      endif
      if(buflisted(s:kwbdBufNum) || s:kwbdBufNum == bufnr("%"))
      execute "bd! " . s:kwbdBufNum
      endif
      if(!s:buflistedLeft)
      set buflisted
      set bufhidden=delete
      set buftype=nofile
      setlocal noswapfile
      endif
      else
      if(bufnr("%") == s:kwbdBufNum)
      let prevbufvar = bufnr("#")
      if(prevbufvar > 0 && buflisted(prevbufvar) && prevbufvar !=
      s:kwbdBufNum)
      b #
      else
      bn
      endif
      endif
      endif
      endfunction

    • Johannes Deutsch
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 15, 2012
        On Fri, 14 Dec 2012 20:24:27 +0100
        "Niels Kobschätzki" <niels@...> wrote:

        > Hi!
        >
        > When I install Ultisnips via vundle I get the following error
        > messages shown for a very short moment:
        >
        > Error detected while processing
        > /Users/username/Dotfiles/vim/bundle/LaTeX-Suite-aka-Vim-LaTeX/plugin/remoteOpen.vim:
        > line 33:
        > E174: Command already exists: add ! to replace it
        > Error detected while processing
        > /Users/username/Dotfiles/vim/bundle/vim-bclose/plugin/bclose.vim:
        > line 61:
        > E122: Function <SNR>43_Kwbd already exists, add ! to replace it
        >
        > I looked into those files and line 33 of remoteOpen.vim reads
        > com -nargs=1 RemoteOpen :call RemoteOpen('<args>')
        >
        > and line 61 in bclose.vim just reads:
        > endfunction (the whole function is at the end of the mail)
        >
        > Previously I had snipmate installed but after reading about ultisnips
        > I wanted to try that. So I removed snipmate via vundle and installed
        > ultisnips. Now the above error messages come up.
        >
        > Any ideas what I can do about it or at least get to know where the
        > command and function exist as well?

        When I received errors like the ones you've described the case was
        always, that vim sourced the corresponding files (in your case
        bclose.vim, remoteOpen.vim) more than once.

        I suspect, that the reason for your errors is the same. That is
        supported by the fact that vim mourns about the existence of s:Kwbd.
        But actually, the 's:' prefix says that the function is scoped to the
        file where the function is located. So the only way that another
        function conflicts bclose.vim/s:Kwbd is a function with the same name
        in the same file i.e. sourcing the file twice.

        So i'm quite sure, that UltiSnips isn't the reason for your errors.

        The easiest way to solve the error would be to do what vim suggest. Add
        the '!' to the command and the function.

        Another possibility is to study the output of ':scriptnames'.

        > I am on OS X, using MacVim Snapshot 65 (which uses vim 7.3.646) and
        > my .vim-folder is symlinked to ~/Dotfiles/vim.
        >
        > Thanks in advance for any help,
        >
        > Niels
        >
        > function from bclose.vim:
        > function s:Kwbd(kwbdStage)
        > if(a:kwbdStage == 1)
        > if(!buflisted(winbufnr(0)))
        > bd!
        > return
        > endif
        > let s:kwbdBufNum = bufnr("%")
        > let s:kwbdWinNum = winnr()
        > windo call s:Kwbd(2)
        > execute s:kwbdWinNum . 'wincmd w'
        > let s:buflistedLeft = 0
        > let s:bufFinalJump = 0
        > let l:nBufs = bufnr("$")
        > let l:i = 1
        > while(l:i <= l:nBufs)
        > if(l:i != s:kwbdBufNum)
        > if(buflisted(l:i))
        > let s:buflistedLeft = s:buflistedLeft + 1
        > else
        > if(bufexists(l:i) && !strlen(bufname(l:i)) &&
        > !s:bufFinalJump)
        > let s:bufFinalJump = l:i
        > endif
        > endif
        > endif
        > let l:i = l:i + 1
        > endwhile
        > if(!s:buflistedLeft)
        > if(s:bufFinalJump)
        > windo if(buflisted(winbufnr(0))) | execute "b! " .
        > s:bufFinalJump | endif
        > else
        > enew
        > let l:newBuf = bufnr("%")
        > windo if(buflisted(winbufnr(0))) | execute "b! " . l:newBuf
        > | endif
        > endif
        > execute s:kwbdWinNum . 'wincmd w'
        > endif
        > if(buflisted(s:kwbdBufNum) || s:kwbdBufNum == bufnr("%"))
        > execute "bd! " . s:kwbdBufNum
        > endif
        > if(!s:buflistedLeft)
        > set buflisted
        > set bufhidden=delete
        > set buftype=nofile
        > setlocal noswapfile
        > endif
        > else
        > if(bufnr("%") == s:kwbdBufNum)
        > let prevbufvar = bufnr("#")
        > if(prevbufvar > 0 && buflisted(prevbufvar) && prevbufvar !=
        > s:kwbdBufNum)
        > b #
        > else
        > bn
        > endif
        > endif
        > endif
        > endfunction

      • Niels Kobschätzki
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 15, 2012
          On 15 Dec 2012, at 9:43, Johannes Deutsch wrote:

          > On Fri, 14 Dec 2012 20:24:27 +0100
          > "Niels Kobschätzki" <niels@...> wrote:

          <snip vundle throws errors when installing Ultisnips which seem to have
          nothing to do with Ultisnips

          >> Any ideas what I can do about it or at least get to know where the
          >> command and function exist as well?
          >
          > When I received errors like the ones you've described the case was
          > always, that vim sourced the corresponding files (in your case
          > bclose.vim, remoteOpen.vim) more than once.

          But why don't I get that error everytime vim starts but only when I
          issue BundleInstall?

          > I suspect, that the reason for your errors is the same. That is
          > supported by the fact that vim mourns about the existence of s:Kwbd.
          > But actually, the 's:' prefix says that the function is scoped to the
          > file where the function is located. So the only way that another
          > function conflicts bclose.vim/s:Kwbd is a function with the same name
          > in the same file i.e. sourcing the file twice.
          >
          > So i'm quite sure, that UltiSnips isn't the reason for your errors.
          >
          > The easiest way to solve the error would be to do what vim suggest.
          > Add
          > the '!' to the command and the function.

          Did that - threw other errors (undefined functions and stuff)

          > Another possibility is to study the output of ':scriptnames'.

          I didn't see any suspicious there

          Niels