Re: Navigating completion menu with the space bar

  • Daniel P. Wright
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 12, 2012
      Daniel P. Wright (12月12日(水)) >>
      > Hello,
      >
      > short version>>>
      >
      > When using inoremap <expr>, does vim throw away some part of state that
      > is kept when using a normal inoremap? Calling an <expr> function which
      > returns <C-x><C-n> results in different behaviour to doing a plain
      > inoremap to <C-x><C-n>.

      I think I must have been tired yesterday. Today I made a simpler test
      case literally comparing a plain inoremap to <C-x><C-n> with an <expr>
      map calling a function which returns it, and found that actually they're
      exactly the same, so what I've written above is wrong.

      The real problem was that <C-x><C-n> is the wrong sequence of keystrokes
      to select the next item in the menu! The correct sequence is of course
      just <C-n>.

      Apologies for the noise!

      -Dani.