Re: vim insert mode injection

  • John Little
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 10, 2012
      On Tuesday, December 11, 2012 10:23:46 AM UTC+13, ping wrote:
      > but right after I hit enter , I end up with:
      > =strftime('%c')
      >
      > E15: Invalid expression: strftime('%c')^\e<SNR>113_WrapCmdLine()
      > Press ENTER or type command to continue

      You have a command-mode mapping of <cr>. To find out where the mapping is coming from, run :scriptnames and see which is 113.
      Try pressing <esc> instead of <cr>, maybe it's not mapped.

      Regards, John Little

    • ping
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 10, 2012
        On 12/10/2012 7:21 PM, Marcin Szamotulski wrote:
        > It seems you are using my plugin:). If you update vim to at least 7.3.686
        > (this is documented in the plugin).

        oh yes this one "system.vim" of yours looks the culprit ...
        so looks I have to disable it in my usage case?

        28 " Benefits: you get completion for system commanads and system files.
        29 " Copyright: © Marcin Szamotulski, 2012
        30
        31 " I learned how to do that reading the emacscommandline plugin.
        32 "
        33 " Other plugins with shell like functionality:
        34 " vim-addon-async by Marc Weber:
        https://github.com/MarcWeber/vim-addon-async
        35 " Conque Shell plugin: http://code.google.com/p/conque
        36 " vimproc plugin:
        http://github.com/Shougo/vimproc/tree/master/doc/vimproc.txt
        37 "
        38 " Happy viming,
        39 " Marcin Szamotulski
        40
        41 if !exists("g:system_expand")
        42 let g:system_expand = 1
        43 " If 1 expand % as in the command line.
        44 endif
        45 if !exists("g:system_echocmd")
        46 let g:system_echocmd = 1
        47 endif
        48
        49 fun! <SID>WrapCmdLine() <-----------
        50 let cmdline = getcmdline()
        51 " Add cmdline to history
        52 if cmdline[0:1] == "! "
        53 let cmd = cmdline[2:]
        54 call histadd(":", cmdline)
        55 if g:system_expand
        56 let cmd_split = split(cmd, '\ze\\\@<!%')
        57 let cmd = ""
        58 for hunk in cmd_split
        59 if hunk[0] == '%'
        60 let m = matchstr(hunk,
        '^%\%(:[p8~.htre]\|:g\=s?[^?]*?[^?]*?\)*')
        61 let exp = expand(m)
        62 let cmd .=exp.hunk[len(m):]
        63 else
        64 let cmd .=hunk
        65 endif
        66 endfor
        67 endif
        68 let cmd = escape(cmd, "\"")
        69 let his = "|call histdel(':', -1)"
        70 if g:system_echocmd
        71 return "echo \"".cmd."\n\".system(\"".cmd."\")".his
        72 else
        73 return "echo system(\"".cmd."\")".his
        74 endif
        75 endif
        76 return cmdline
        77 endfun
        78 cnoremap <silent> <CR> <C-\>e<SID>WrapCmdLine()<CR><CR>
        .vim/plugin/system.vim [utf-8] [vim] [78/78,1] [100%]

      • Christian Brabandt
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 10, 2012
          On Tue, December 11, 2012 01:21, Marcin Szamotulski wrote:
          > On 16:23 Mon 10 Dec , ping wrote:
          >> I'm looking at a handy way to insert curr timestamp when writing, right
          >> in
          >> insert mode , e.g. in following texts I want it injected right after
          >> "today", and continue my writing
          >> [writing in insert mode]
          >> ...the task was finally done today
          >>
          >> so I think this should work:
          >> * C-R
          >> * =
          >> * strftime('%c')
          >> * enter
          >> * p
          >>
          >> but right after I hit enter , I end up with:
          >>
          >> =strftime('%c')
          >> E15: Invalid expression: strftime('%c')^\e<SNR>113_WrapCmdLine()
          >> Press ENTER or type command to continue
          >>
          >> it looks like sth wrong with one of the function defined in some script.
          >>
          >> I tried this to locate the function:
          >> :verbose function <SNR>113_WrapCmdLine()
          >>
          >> it hanging there without a return , so I have to C-c to interupt the
          >> search.
          >>
          >> anyone can help ?
          >>
          >> thanks!

          I have noticed this too, when playing with your plugin and using
          :debug (I had to kill vim to get out of that loop even when using
          the lastest Vim version)

          regards,
          Christian

        • Marcin Szamotulski
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 11, 2012
            On 08:07 Tue 11 Dec , Christian Brabandt wrote:
            > On Tue, December 11, 2012 01:21, Marcin Szamotulski wrote:
            > > On 16:23 Mon 10 Dec , ping wrote:
            > >> I'm looking at a handy way to insert curr timestamp when writing, right
            > >> in
            > >> insert mode , e.g. in following texts I want it injected right after
            > >> "today", and continue my writing
            > >> [writing in insert mode]
            > >> ...the task was finally done today
            > >>
            > >> so I think this should work:
            > >> * C-R
            > >> * =
            > >> * strftime('%c')
            > >> * enter
            > >> * p
            > >>
            > >> but right after I hit enter , I end up with:
            > >>
            > >> =strftime('%c')
            > >> E15: Invalid expression: strftime('%c')^\e<SNR>113_WrapCmdLine()
            > >> Press ENTER or type command to continue
            > >>
            > >> it looks like sth wrong with one of the function defined in some script.
            > >>
            > >> I tried this to locate the function:
            > >> :verbose function <SNR>113_WrapCmdLine()
            > >>
            > >> it hanging there without a return , so I have to C-c to interupt the
            > >> search.
            > >>
            > >> anyone can help ?
            > >>
            > >> thanks!
            >
            > I have noticed this too, when playing with your plugin and using
            > :debug (I had to kill vim to get out of that loop even when using
            > the lastest Vim version)
            >
            > regards,
            > Christian

            Indeed. So when I debug scripts I use ":cunmap <CR>".

            Best,
            Marcin