RE: vim insert mode injection

  • John Beckett
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 10, 2012
      ping wrote:
      > I'm looking at a handy way to insert curr timestamp when
      > writing, right in insert mode

      The tip for that is:
      http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Insert_current_date_or_time

      > E15: Invalid expression: strftime('%c')^\e<SNR>113_WrapCmdLine()

      Don't know about that, but enter the following to find script
      113 (too many scripts!):

      :scriptnames

      John

    • John Little
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 10, 2012
        On Tuesday, December 11, 2012 10:23:46 AM UTC+13, ping wrote:
        > but right after I hit enter , I end up with:
        > =strftime('%c')
        >
        > E15: Invalid expression: strftime('%c')^\e<SNR>113_WrapCmdLine()
        > Press ENTER or type command to continue

        You have a command-mode mapping of <cr>. To find out where the mapping is coming from, run :scriptnames and see which is 113.
        Try pressing <esc> instead of <cr>, maybe it's not mapped.

        Regards, John Little

      • ping
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 10, 2012
          On 12/10/2012 7:21 PM, Marcin Szamotulski wrote:
          > It seems you are using my plugin:). If you update vim to at least 7.3.686
          > (this is documented in the plugin).

          oh yes this one "system.vim" of yours looks the culprit ...
          so looks I have to disable it in my usage case?

          28 " Benefits: you get completion for system commanads and system files.
          29 " Copyright: © Marcin Szamotulski, 2012
          30
          31 " I learned how to do that reading the emacscommandline plugin.
          32 "
          33 " Other plugins with shell like functionality:
          34 " vim-addon-async by Marc Weber:
          https://github.com/MarcWeber/vim-addon-async
          35 " Conque Shell plugin: http://code.google.com/p/conque
          36 " vimproc plugin:
          http://github.com/Shougo/vimproc/tree/master/doc/vimproc.txt
          37 "
          38 " Happy viming,
          39 " Marcin Szamotulski
          40
          41 if !exists("g:system_expand")
          42 let g:system_expand = 1
          43 " If 1 expand % as in the command line.
          44 endif
          45 if !exists("g:system_echocmd")
          46 let g:system_echocmd = 1
          47 endif
          48
          49 fun! <SID>WrapCmdLine() <-----------
          50 let cmdline = getcmdline()
          51 " Add cmdline to history
          52 if cmdline[0:1] == "! "
          53 let cmd = cmdline[2:]
          54 call histadd(":", cmdline)
          55 if g:system_expand
          56 let cmd_split = split(cmd, '\ze\\\@<!%')
          57 let cmd = ""
          58 for hunk in cmd_split
          59 if hunk[0] == '%'
          60 let m = matchstr(hunk,
          '^%\%(:[p8~.htre]\|:g\=s?[^?]*?[^?]*?\)*')
          61 let exp = expand(m)
          62 let cmd .=exp.hunk[len(m):]
          63 else
          64 let cmd .=hunk
          65 endif
          66 endfor
          67 endif
          68 let cmd = escape(cmd, "\"")
          69 let his = "|call histdel(':', -1)"
          70 if g:system_echocmd
          71 return "echo \"".cmd."\n\".system(\"".cmd."\")".his
          72 else
          73 return "echo system(\"".cmd."\")".his
          74 endif
          75 endif
          76 return cmdline
          77 endfun
          78 cnoremap <silent> <CR> <C-\>e<SID>WrapCmdLine()<CR><CR>
          .vim/plugin/system.vim [utf-8] [vim] [78/78,1] [100%]

        • Christian Brabandt
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 10, 2012
            On Tue, December 11, 2012 01:21, Marcin Szamotulski wrote:
            > On 16:23 Mon 10 Dec , ping wrote:
            >> I'm looking at a handy way to insert curr timestamp when writing, right
            >> in
            >> insert mode , e.g. in following texts I want it injected right after
            >> "today", and continue my writing
            >> [writing in insert mode]
            >> ...the task was finally done today
            >>
            >> so I think this should work:
            >> * C-R
            >> * =
            >> * strftime('%c')
            >> * enter
            >> * p
            >>
            >> but right after I hit enter , I end up with:
            >>
            >> =strftime('%c')
            >> E15: Invalid expression: strftime('%c')^\e<SNR>113_WrapCmdLine()
            >> Press ENTER or type command to continue
            >>
            >> it looks like sth wrong with one of the function defined in some script.
            >>
            >> I tried this to locate the function:
            >> :verbose function <SNR>113_WrapCmdLine()
            >>
            >> it hanging there without a return , so I have to C-c to interupt the
            >> search.
            >>
            >> anyone can help ?
            >>
            >> thanks!

            I have noticed this too, when playing with your plugin and using
            :debug (I had to kill vim to get out of that loop even when using
            the lastest Vim version)

            regards,
            Christian

          • Marcin Szamotulski
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 11, 2012
              On 08:07 Tue 11 Dec , Christian Brabandt wrote:
              > On Tue, December 11, 2012 01:21, Marcin Szamotulski wrote:
              > > On 16:23 Mon 10 Dec , ping wrote:
              > >> I'm looking at a handy way to insert curr timestamp when writing, right
              > >> in
              > >> insert mode , e.g. in following texts I want it injected right after
              > >> "today", and continue my writing
              > >> [writing in insert mode]
              > >> ...the task was finally done today
              > >>
              > >> so I think this should work:
              > >> * C-R
              > >> * =
              > >> * strftime('%c')
              > >> * enter
              > >> * p
              > >>
              > >> but right after I hit enter , I end up with:
              > >>
              > >> =strftime('%c')
              > >> E15: Invalid expression: strftime('%c')^\e<SNR>113_WrapCmdLine()
              > >> Press ENTER or type command to continue
              > >>
              > >> it looks like sth wrong with one of the function defined in some script.
              > >>
              > >> I tried this to locate the function:
              > >> :verbose function <SNR>113_WrapCmdLine()
              > >>
              > >> it hanging there without a return , so I have to C-c to interupt the
              > >> search.
              > >>
              > >> anyone can help ?
              > >>
              > >> thanks!
              >
              > I have noticed this too, when playing with your plugin and using
              > :debug (I had to kill vim to get out of that loop even when using
              > the lastest Vim version)
              >
              > regards,
              > Christian

              Indeed. So when I debug scripts I use ":cunmap <CR>".

              Best,
              Marcin