Re: Wrong colors with tmux

  • bilibop project
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 10, 2012
      --------message d'origine --------
      De: Gautier DI FOLCO <gautier.difolco@...>
      En apparence venant de: vim_use+bncBC46574IWAHBBQGYS2DAKGQEOBGKY5Q@...
      A: vim_use@...
      Sujet: Wrong colors with tmux
      Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 10:32:47 +0100

      > Hi all,
      >
      > I wanted to test tmux with vim 7.3.682, zsh 5.0.0, tmux 1.6 and konsole, but I have some troubles :
      > - all my code inside vim is bold
      > - the background of my vim cursor isn't printed
      > I tried to set the tmux default-terminal to (xterm|screen)(-256color)? but it change nothing.
      > Have you got some hints ?
      >
      > For your help,
      > Thanks by advance.

      Hi,

      I had a similar problem with xfce4-terminal > bash > tmux
      Maybe this solution can work for you:
      1. keep default-terminal to "screen" (accordingly to the tmux manpage)
      and
      2. set -g terminal-overrides "xterm*:colors=256" in tmux.conf, assuming
      that in Konsole (without tmux) echo $TERM returns xterm or xterm-something.

      But if your problem is vim-only related, you sould begin with
      :set t_Co?
      :set t_Co=256
      or why not (it's a very good tip):
      :help xterm-color

      Cheers,
      quidame

    • Gautier DI FOLCO
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 10, 2012
        2012/12/11 bilibop project <quidame@...>
        I had a similar problem with xfce4-terminal > bash > tmux
        Maybe this solution can work for you:
        1. keep default-terminal to "screen" (accordingly to the tmux manpage)
        and
        2. set -g terminal-overrides "xterm*:colors=256" in tmux.conf, assuming
        that in Konsole (without tmux) echo $TERM returns xterm or xterm-something.

        But if your problem is vim-only related, you sould begin with
        :set t_Co?
        :set t_Co=256
        or why not (it's a very good tip):
        :help xterm-color

        Cheers,
        quidame

        Thanks for all, it was a tmux.conf issue,
        It works well.