Re: execute key strokes from a file

  • Ben Fritz
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 10, 2012
      On Monday, December 10, 2012 11:33:36 AM UTC-6, Peng Yu wrote:

      > I'm wondering if there is a way to execute key strokes from a file.

      Yes, there is.

      See :help :source. If you use ":source!" the file is read as if typed from normal mode. If you use ":source" the file is read as a series of ex commands.

      See :help -w for how to create such a file.

      You can also record a macro to do all the actions you want and run the macro in a bufdo or windo or tabdo command. I do this from time to time when I want to repeat a bunch of commands on a bunch of files.