Wrong colors with tmux

  • Gautier DI FOLCO
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 10, 2012
      Hi all,

      I wanted to test tmux with vim 7.3.682, zsh 5.0.0, tmux 1.6 and konsole, but I have some troubles :
       - all my code inside vim is bold
       - the background of my vim cursor isn't printed
      I tried to set the tmux default-terminal to (xterm|screen)(-256color)? but it change nothing.
      Have you got some hints ?

      For your help,
      Thanks by advance.

    • Alexandre Provencio
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 10, 2012
        My guess is that you should check vim and terminal's colorschemes. On
        the terminal side, I use urxvt so i set that on .Xresources, and for
        vim, try using something that's known that works for this case, such as
        the solarized colorscheme.

        -Alexandre

        On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 7:32 AM, Gautier DI FOLCO
        <gautier.difolco@...> wrote:
        > Hi all,
        >
        > I wanted to test tmux with vim 7.3.682, zsh 5.0.0, tmux 1.6 and konsole, but
        > I have some troubles :
        > - all my code inside vim is bold
        > - the background of my vim cursor isn't printed
        > I tried to set the tmux default-terminal to (xterm|screen)(-256color)? but
        > it change nothing.
        > Have you got some hints ?
        >
        > For your help,
        > Thanks by advance.

      • Gautier DI FOLCO
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 10, 2012
          2012/12/10 Alexandre Provencio <alexandreprovencio@...>
          My guess is that you should check vim and terminal's colorschemes.  On
          the terminal side, I use urxvt so i set that on .Xresources, and for
          vim, try using something that's known that works for this case, such as
          the solarized colorscheme.

          -Alexandre

          Thanks for your answer,

          I tried with solarized, I have a problem too.
          Is there a standard .Xressource to have good colors ?

          For your help,
          Thanks by advance.

        • bilibop project
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 10, 2012
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 10, 2012
              2012/12/11 bilibop project <quidame@...>
              I had a similar problem with xfce4-terminal > bash > tmux
              Maybe this solution can work for you:
              1. keep default-terminal to "screen" (accordingly to the tmux manpage)
              and
              2. set -g terminal-overrides "xterm*:colors=256" in tmux.conf, assuming
              that in Konsole (without tmux) echo $TERM returns xterm or xterm-something.

              But if your problem is vim-only related, you sould begin with
              :set t_Co?
              :set t_Co=256
              or why not (it's a very good tip):
              :help xterm-color

              Cheers,
              quidame

              Thanks for all, it was a tmux.conf issue,
              It works well.