Search Vam Packages

  • Sayth Renshaw
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 7, 2012
      Hi

      Is there a simple way to search VAM repositories to know what is available and what exact format we should write our plugins in. Other than obviously just searching google for packages.

      For example writing syntastic fails where Syntastic succeeds.

      Sayth

    • Marc Weber
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 8, 2012
        Excerpts from Sayth Renshaw's message of Sat Dec 08 00:37:56 +0100 2012:
        > Is there a simple way to search VAM repositories to know what is available
        > and what exact format we should write our plugins in.

        grep docs for this line:
        "I want feature X" such as browsable lists of plugins. ActivateAddons FOO

        VAM plugins are "normal" plugins - they don't differ from others.
        VAM however pays attention to a addon-info.json file which allows
        plugins to declare dependencies which are then fetched and activated by
        VAM automatically.

        About your other questions:
        https://github.com/MarcWeber/vim-addon-manager/commit/9d0a772fbfe318cd633abafd29bc607b9c57328e

        > For example writing syntastic fails where Syntastic succeeds.
        Do RTFM. There is a section addon-names, especially below the line
        "Determining addon names" and the sentence:
        The name is automatically derived from plugin titles at www.vim.org

        Marc Weber