Re: E490: no fold found

  • Ben Fritz
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 6, 2012
      On Thursday, December 6, 2012 3:42:45 AM UTC-6, bernh...@... wrote:

      > After adjusting my .vimrc according to the instructions it now looks like this:
      >
      > call pathogen#infect()
      > syntax on
      > filetype plugin indent on
      >
      > colo zenburn
      > set encoding=utf8
      > set fileformat=unix
      > set fileformats=unix
      > set fileencoding=utf8
      > set nu
      > set guioptions=

      This is unrelated to your problem, but you should move that set encoding=utf8 line way up to the very top of your .vimrc file to prevent that any text stored in Vim gets reinterpreted in the wrong encoding without conversion. Also Vim accepts "utf8" as an alias, but really the encoding name it expects is "utf-8".

    • Chris Lott
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 6, 2012
        On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 12:42 AM, bernhard42@...
        <bernhard42@...> wrote:
        > I'm using MacVim Snapshot 65 (Vim 7.3.646) on Snow Leopard.
        >
        > I wanted syntax highlighting and especially folding for markdown files by headings (#, ##, etc.).

        Some answers here should help:
        http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3828606/vim-markdown-folding

        But I would recommend considering the Pandoc plugin, which handles
        markdown folding and adds much more:
        https://github.com/vim-pandoc/vim-pandoc

        Chris Lott <chris@...>