Re: scratch buffer opening with a " in the command line

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 4, 2012
      On 04/12/12 17:33, Chris Lott wrote:
      > On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 7:17 AM, Chris Lott <chris@...> wrote:
      >
      > FYI: I figured this out. It was a stray quotation mark *I* put in the
      > key mapping to call the function. Argh. Of course it didn't throw any
      > kind of error so it was all the "nut behind the wheel" as they say.
      > Sorry to waste your time!

      > Chris Lott <chris@...>

      Happy to know you found the solution. You aren't the first one (and, I'd
      bet, not the last one either) not to see something for a long time
      because it was too obvious. Remember the "Purloined Letter" novel, where
      a compromising letter was not found because it was "hidden" in plain
      view? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purloined_Letter

      Happy Vimming!
      We gave you an atomic bomb, what do you want, mermaids?
      -- I. I. Rabi to the Atomic Energy Commission