Re: scratch buffer opening with a " in the command line

  • Chris Lott
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 4, 2012
      On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 7:17 AM, Chris Lott <chris@...> wrote:
      > On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 2:02 AM, Marcin Szamotulski <mszamot@...> wrote:
      >> On 21:05 Mon 03 Dec , Chris Lott wrote:
      >>> I am trying to modify this script:

      FYI: I figured this out. It was a stray quotation mark *I* put in the
      key mapping to call the function. Argh. Of course it didn't throw any
      kind of error so it was all the "nut behind the wheel" as they say.
      Sorry to waste your time!

      Chris Lott <chris@...>

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 4, 2012
        On 04/12/12 17:33, Chris Lott wrote:
        > On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 7:17 AM, Chris Lott <chris@...> wrote:
        >
        > FYI: I figured this out. It was a stray quotation mark *I* put in the
        > key mapping to call the function. Argh. Of course it didn't throw any
        > kind of error so it was all the "nut behind the wheel" as they say.
        > Sorry to waste your time!

        > Chris Lott <chris@...>

        Happy to know you found the solution. You aren't the first one (and, I'd
        bet, not the last one either) not to see something for a long time
        because it was too obvious. Remember the "Purloined Letter" novel, where
        a compromising letter was not found because it was "hidden" in plain
        view? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purloined_Letter

        Happy Vimming!
        We gave you an atomic bomb, what do you want, mermaids?
        -- I. I. Rabi to the Atomic Energy Commission