How to change the cursor shape in terminal vim

  • Cesar Romani
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2012
      I'm using vim 7.3.646 under a linux terminal.
      I can change the cursor in insert mode as a vertical bar and in normal
      mode as as block, using:

      if &term =~ 'xterm'
      let &t_SI .= "\<Esc>[5 q"
      let &t_EI .= "\<Esc>[0 q"
      endif

      But how can I change it in replace mode as an underscore?

      Many thanks in advance,

      --
      Cesar