Re: email plugin

  • Chris Lott
    Message 1 of 38 , Nov 30, 2012
      On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 4:34 PM, Rostislav Svoboda
      <rostislav.svoboda@...> wrote:

      > 2. Vim as an external editor for email client X (including mutt and
      > "Text Editor Anywhere"):
      >
      > This is exactly the opposite of what I'd like to achieve. I'd like to
      > have _real_ vim plugin for emailing so I can take advantage of some
      > other plugins, omni completion, scripting, folding... all that stuff
      > where vim excels.

      This doesn't make sense to me...when you launch vim to edit a piece of
      mail (or any other text), it *is* "real" Vim. I use Pentadactly and
      gmail...when I am composing email I am in Vim with all the plugins,
      completion, etc (I tend to compose plain text emails in Markdown, so I
      use the appropriate filetypes and syntax files, etc.

      I don't understand what you want that these solutions don't give you.

      Chris Lott <chris@...>

    • Christian Brabandt
      Message 38 of 38 , Dec 4, 2012
        Hi vim_use!

        On Sa, 01 Dez 2012, Christian Brabandt wrote:

        > Hi Chris!
        >
        > On Fr, 30 Nov 2012, Chris Lott wrote:
        >
        > > On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 1:22 AM, Christian Brabandt <cblists@...> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > I use several handwritten plugin for fixing wrongly encoded characters
        > > > (e.g. change Ä into Ä and several others),
        > > > Deleting quoted Signatures, adding my Signature, changing subject,
        > > > setting options (textwidth, expandtab, formatoptions), reformatting the
        > > > text, spellchecking (this plugin was made before spell checking was
        > > > available in Vim), inserting special text, as well as custom completion
        > > > for addresses and attaching files (this functionality is available in
        > > > my CheckAttach plugin for use with mutt).
        > >
        > > Any chance you would share any of these?
        >
        > Let me first document this a little bit. Currently it is just a bunch of
        > files and a little bit messy to share. I'll update here when I have
        > written down this a little bit, so you can more easily select what you
        > need.

        Here is it:
        http://www.256bit.org/~chrisbra/cms/vim_as_e-mail_editor.html

        Mit freundlichen Grüßen
        Christian
        --
        "Was sind Tragödien anders als versifizierte Passionen solcher
        Leute, die sich aus den äußern Dingen ich weiß nicht was machen?"