Re: email plugin

  • Rostislav Svoboda
    Message 1 of 38 , Nov 30, 2012
      I'd sum up this thread:

      1. Vmail:

      This seems to be the kind of thing I look for. But it depends on
      sqlite3, ruby, lynx and maybe some other packages so get:

      ERROR: Error installing vmail:

      2. Vim as an external editor for email client X (including mutt and
      "Text Editor Anywhere"):

      This is exactly the opposite of what I'd like to achieve. I'd like to
      have _real_ vim plugin for emailing so I can take advantage of some
      other plugins, omni completion, scripting, folding... all that stuff
      where vim excels.

      You may oppose: "So you want vim to be like that Operating System
      lacking a decent editor?". Yes, sort of. I think there's a point
      having everything under one roof: The synergy effect.

      Thanks for your replies

      Bost

    • Christian Brabandt
      Message 38 of 38 , Dec 4, 2012
        Hi vim_use!

        On Sa, 01 Dez 2012, Christian Brabandt wrote:

        > Hi Chris!
        >
        > On Fr, 30 Nov 2012, Chris Lott wrote:
        >
        > > On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 1:22 AM, Christian Brabandt <cblists@...> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > I use several handwritten plugin for fixing wrongly encoded characters
        > > > (e.g. change Ä into Ä and several others),
        > > > Deleting quoted Signatures, adding my Signature, changing subject,
        > > > setting options (textwidth, expandtab, formatoptions), reformatting the
        > > > text, spellchecking (this plugin was made before spell checking was
        > > > available in Vim), inserting special text, as well as custom completion
        > > > for addresses and attaching files (this functionality is available in
        > > > my CheckAttach plugin for use with mutt).
        > >
        > > Any chance you would share any of these?
        >
        > Let me first document this a little bit. Currently it is just a bunch of
        > files and a little bit messy to share. I'll update here when I have
        > written down this a little bit, so you can more easily select what you
        > need.

        Here is it:
        http://www.256bit.org/~chrisbra/cms/vim_as_e-mail_editor.html

        Mit freundlichen Grüßen
        Christian
        --
        "Was sind Tragödien anders als versifizierte Passionen solcher
        Leute, die sich aus den äußern Dingen ich weiß nicht was machen?"