Re: email plugin

  • ping
    Message 1 of 38 , Nov 30, 2012
      thanks. I'll test it out.

      but I seems unlucky -- I can't even get it installed (ubuntu 64bit
      12.04)

      ping@640g-laptop:~$ sudo gem install vmail
      [sudo] password for ping:
      Fetching: mime-types-1.19.gem (100%)
      Successfully installed mime-types-1.19
      Fetching: polyglot-0.3.3.gem (100%)
      Successfully installed polyglot-0.3.3
      Fetching: treetop-1.4.12.gem (100%)
      Successfully installed treetop-1.4.12
      Fetching: mail-2.5.2.gem (100%)
      Successfully installed mail-2.5.2
      Fetching: highline-1.6.15.gem (100%)
      Successfully installed highline-1.6.15
      Fetching: sequel-3.41.0.gem (100%)
      Successfully installed sequel-3.41.0
      Fetching: sqlite3-1.3.6.gem (100%)
      Building native extensions.  This could take a while...
      ERROR:  Error installing vmail:

          /usr/bin/ruby1.8 extconf.rb
      checking for sqlite3.h... no
      sqlite3.h is missing. Try 'port install sqlite3 +universal'
      or 'yum install sqlite-devel' and check your shared library search path (the
      location where your sqlite3 shared library is located).
      *** extconf.rb failed ***
      necessary libraries and/or headers.  Check the mkmf.log file for more
      details.  You may need configuration options.

      Provided configuration options:
              --with-opt-dir
              --without-opt-dir
              --with-opt-include
              --without-opt-include=${opt-dir}/include
              --with-opt-lib
              --without-opt-lib=${opt-dir}/lib
              --with-make-prog
              --without-make-prog
              --srcdir=.
              --curdir
              --ruby=/usr/bin/ruby1.8
              --with-sqlite3-dir
              --without-sqlite3-dir
              --with-sqlite3-include
              --without-sqlite3-include=${sqlite3-dir}/include
              --with-sqlite3-lib
              --without-sqlite3-lib=${sqlite3-dir}/lib
              --enable-local
              --disable-local

      Gem files will remain installed in /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/sqlite3-1.3.6 for inspection.
      Results logged to /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/sqlite3-1.3.6/ext/sqlite3/gem_make.out
      ping@640g-laptop:~$

      you have any issues when installing or knowning of any tricks to resolve
      that?

      On 11/30/2012 09:02 AM, Grahame Blackwood wrote:
      > Hi Ping
      >
      > Not that I am aware of, but it is good for gmail and I'm using it
      > right now for this email.
      >
      > Cheers

    • Christian Brabandt
      Message 38 of 38 , Dec 4, 2012
        Hi vim_use!

        On Sa, 01 Dez 2012, Christian Brabandt wrote:

        > Hi Chris!
        >
        > On Fr, 30 Nov 2012, Chris Lott wrote:
        >
        > > On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 1:22 AM, Christian Brabandt <cblists@...> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > I use several handwritten plugin for fixing wrongly encoded characters
        > > > (e.g. change Ä into Ä and several others),
        > > > Deleting quoted Signatures, adding my Signature, changing subject,
        > > > setting options (textwidth, expandtab, formatoptions), reformatting the
        > > > text, spellchecking (this plugin was made before spell checking was
        > > > available in Vim), inserting special text, as well as custom completion
        > > > for addresses and attaching files (this functionality is available in
        > > > my CheckAttach plugin for use with mutt).
        > >
        > > Any chance you would share any of these?
        >
        > Let me first document this a little bit. Currently it is just a bunch of
        > files and a little bit messy to share. I'll update here when I have
        > written down this a little bit, so you can more easily select what you
        > need.

        Here is it:
        http://www.256bit.org/~chrisbra/cms/vim_as_e-mail_editor.html

        Mit freundlichen Grüßen
        Christian
        --
        "Was sind Tragödien anders als versifizierte Passionen solcher
        Leute, die sich aus den äußern Dingen ich weiß nicht was machen?"