Re: email plugin

  • David Fishburn
    Message 1 of 38 , Nov 30, 2012
      On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 6:05 PM, Rostislav Svoboda <rostislav.svoboda@...> wrote:
      Is there any good email plugin you can recommend me guys? It seems
      like there isn't any star plugin for handling emails in vim, in fact
      google search doesn't return many useful links to this topic. So, I'd
      like to hear your tips & comments before I plunge in an evaluation of
      the existing plugins. Thanx in advance

      You didn't mention your platform, so I might as well:

      <plug>
      If you are on Windows and using Microsoft Outlook:

      OutlookVim : Use Vim to edit the body of an email from Microsoft Outlook

      This gets the email into Vim, from there, the filetype is set to "mail" and I have a variety of Vim scripts which make my life easier.

      </plug>

      HTH,
      David

    • Christian Brabandt
      Message 38 of 38 , Dec 4, 2012
        Hi vim_use!

        On Sa, 01 Dez 2012, Christian Brabandt wrote:

        > Hi Chris!
        >
        > On Fr, 30 Nov 2012, Chris Lott wrote:
        >
        > > On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 1:22 AM, Christian Brabandt <cblists@...> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > I use several handwritten plugin for fixing wrongly encoded characters
        > > > (e.g. change Ä into Ä and several others),
        > > > Deleting quoted Signatures, adding my Signature, changing subject,
        > > > setting options (textwidth, expandtab, formatoptions), reformatting the
        > > > text, spellchecking (this plugin was made before spell checking was
        > > > available in Vim), inserting special text, as well as custom completion
        > > > for addresses and attaching files (this functionality is available in
        > > > my CheckAttach plugin for use with mutt).
        > >
        > > Any chance you would share any of these?
        >
        > Let me first document this a little bit. Currently it is just a bunch of
        > files and a little bit messy to share. I'll update here when I have
        > written down this a little bit, so you can more easily select what you
        > need.

        Here is it:
        http://www.256bit.org/~chrisbra/cms/vim_as_e-mail_editor.html

        Mit freundlichen Grüßen
        Christian
        --
        "Was sind Tragödien anders als versifizierte Passionen solcher
        Leute, die sich aus den äußern Dingen ich weiß nicht was machen?"