Re: set runtimepath

  • Marc Weber
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 26, 2012
      Excerpts from Christian Brabandt's message of Mon Nov 26 10:14:00 +0100 2012:
      > Can you be more specific? What is the bug?

      I've documented it now: (874e52), text:

      50. VAM works around deficiencies in runtimepath *VAM-fixes-rtp*

      create these directories:

      ~/.vim/after/plugin/1.vim
      ~/.vim/ftdetect/2.vim

      ~/my/after/plugin/3.vim
      ~/my/ftdetect/4.vim

      and add a line like this:
      echoe 'N.vim'

      ~/.vimrc contents:
      filetype on
      set rtp+=~/my

      Then you'll notice that you'll get two echoe lines only: 1.vim and 2.vim
      However some plugins use the 3.vim and 4.vim scheme, too

      VAM will source 3.vim and 4.vim for you, see vam#GlobThenSource usage

      Marc Weber

    • Gary Johnson
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 26, 2012
        On 2012-11-26, Marc Weber wrote:
        > Excerpts from Christian Brabandt's message of Mon Nov 26 10:14:00 +0100 2012:
        > > Can you be more specific? What is the bug?
        >
        > I've documented it now: (874e52), text:
        >
        > 50. VAM works around deficiencies in runtimepath *VAM-fixes-rtp*
        >
        > create these directories:
        >
        > ~/.vim/after/plugin/1.vim
        > ~/.vim/ftdetect/2.vim
        >
        > ~/my/after/plugin/3.vim
        > ~/my/ftdetect/4.vim
        >
        > and add a line like this:
        > echoe 'N.vim'
        >
        > ~/.vimrc contents:
        > filetype on
        > set rtp+=~/my
        >
        > Then you'll notice that you'll get two echoe lines only: 1.vim and 2.vim
        > However some plugins use the 3.vim and 4.vim scheme, too
        >
        > VAM will source 3.vim and 4.vim for you, see vam#GlobThenSource usage

        The current behavior is what I would expect. You've turned filetype
        detection on, which uses the value of 'rtp' at the time, then you
        changed the value of 'rtp'. I would not expect filetype detection
        to be using the new value of 'rtp'. The correct way to do that is

        set rtp+=~/my
        filetype on

        If if hurts when you do that, ....

        Regards,