Re: vim: is there a way to C-V a text object?

  • ping
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 25, 2012
      FYI finally I defined a new map like this:

      nn ,v {+vip<c-v>$

      and it works well.

      On 11/20/2012 07:32 AM, ping wrote:
      On 11/20/2012 2:28 AM, Christian Brabandt wrote:
      On Mon, November 19, 2012 23:03, ping wrote:

      looks currently "C-v i/a p" is same as "v i/a p" for a paragraph...

      I don't understand. Can you please explain, what you are trying to do?
      I am not sure <Ctrl-V> and paragraph actually makes sense here.

      regards,
      Christian

      it makes sense, at least for me, in the case that I want to paste a new column.

      say I have my text like this:

          interfac
           qos-pro
           encapsu
           ip desc
           ip sa-v
           ip addr
           no ip r

          e seria
          file "I
          lation
          ription
          alidate
          ess 65.
          edirect

      how do I move the 2nd paragraph and clue it to the 1st?

      currently manually I can only copy it like this:

      go to 2nd P and put my cursor exactly at left-up corner letter "e"
      c-v and move down to left-bottom corner letter "e"
      $

      that said,  0vip<c-v>$ OR ^vip<c-v>$ , or using } only works if the text object happen to start from 1st column.
      in case of indented Paragraph, there seems no way to change the highlighted columns (to make it start from 1st column e instead of all) once selected via "v a p".

      and b.t.w, your NrrwRgn is nice!