New Plugin:ColorSchemePicker : Pick the VIM colorscheme that you are destined to be with.

  • sunus lee
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 24, 2012
      Hi, I wrote a plugin called ColorSchemePicker,

      here is something about it:
      Power VIM Users like us have already wasted tons of time to choose
      our favorite colorschemes, and may still not be satisfied with the
      current colorschemes. So I wrote this plugin to help us out, to
      meet the perfect colorsheme that we are DESTINED to be with.
      just like your lovely girlfriends/wifes:)

      you can download from:

      also, i am in need of great colorScheme to add to my ColorSchemePicker, so if you have great colorScheme and want to share it with me, and users of cColorSchemePicker, please feel free to send it to me, it'd be great honor for me,
      thank you in advance.
      also, any feedback and suggestions is welcomed.

    • ping
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 24, 2012
        On 11/24/2012 01:09 PM, sunus lee wrote:
        > Hi, I wrote a plugin called ColorSchemePicker,
        >
        > here is something about it:
        > Power VIM Users like us have already wasted tons of time to choose
        > our favorite colorschemes, and may still not be satisfied with the
        > current colorschemes. So I wrote this plugin to help us out, to
        > meet the perfect colorsheme that we are DESTINED to be with.
        > just like your lovely girlfriends/wifes:)
        >
        > you can download from:
        >
        > also, i am in need of great colorScheme to add to my ColorSchemePicker, so if you have great colorScheme and want to share it with me, and users of cColorSchemePicker, please feel free to send it to me, it'd be great honor for me,
        > thank you in advance.
        > also, any feedback and suggestions is welcomed.

        looks good, I just tested it out and works fine for me.
        thanks!

        regards
        ping

      • sunus lee
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 25, 2012
          i thought people might like it:)

          --
          Best Wishes,
          Sunus Lee

        • richard emberson
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 25, 2012
            You might want to look at:
            https://github.com/megaannum/colorschemer
            It has some 700 color schemes (both for gui and cterm)
            and a color scheme reviewer which also allows you to
            test the color scheme against different file-types.

            RMD

            On 11/24/2012 10:09 AM, sunus lee wrote:
            > Hi, I wrote a plugin called ColorSchemePicker,
            >
            > here is something about it:
            > Power VIM Users like us have already wasted tons of time to choose
            > our favorite colorschemes, and may still not be satisfied with the
            > current colorschemes. So I wrote this plugin to help us out, to
            > meet the perfect colorsheme that we are DESTINED to be with.
            > just like your lovely girlfriends/wifes:)
            >
            > you can download from:
            >
            > also, i am in need of great colorScheme to add to my ColorSchemePicker, so if you have great colorScheme and want to share it with me, and users of cColorSchemePicker, please feel free to send it to me, it'd be great honor for me,
            > thank you in advance.
            > also, any feedback and suggestions is welcomed.

            --
            Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

          • sunus lee
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 11, 2012
              On Sunday, November 25, 2012 11:53:03 PM UTC+8, Richard wrote:
              > You might want to look at:

              > https://github.com/megaannum/colorschemer
              >
              > It has some 700 color schemes (both for gui and cterm)
              >
              > and a color scheme reviewer which also allows you to
              >
              > test the color scheme against different file-types.
              >

              > RMD
              >

              > On 11/24/2012 10:09 AM, sunus lee wrote:
              >
              > > Hi, I wrote a plugin called ColorSchemePicker,
              >

              > > here is something about it:
              >
              > > Power VIM Users like us have already wasted tons of time to choose
              >
              > > our favorite colorschemes, and may still not be satisfied with the
              >
              > > current colorschemes. So I wrote this plugin to help us out, to
              >
              > > meet the perfect colorsheme that we are DESTINED to be with.
              >
              > > just like your lovely girlfriends/wifes:)
              >

              > > you can download from:
              >
              > > http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=4319
              >

              > > also, i am in need of great colorScheme to add to my ColorSchemePicker, so if you have great colorScheme and want to share it with me, and users of cColorSchemePicker, please feel free to send it to me, it'd be great honor for me,
              >
              > > thank you in advance.
              >
              > > also, any feedback and suggestions is welcomed.
              >

              > --
              >
              > Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

              yeah, just let you guys know that someone like this plugin :)
              and wants a Windows version. i am working on it.
              i will release a new win-compatibility version soon.

            • sunus lee
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 11, 2012
                On Sunday, November 25, 2012 2:09:56 AM UTC+8, sunus lee wrote:
                > Hi, I wrote a plugin called ColorSchemePicker,
                >
                > here is something about it:
                > Power VIM Users like us have already wasted tons of time to choose
                > our favorite colorschemes, and may still not be satisfied with the
                > current colorschemes. So I wrote this plugin to help us out, to
                > meet the perfect colorsheme that we are DESTINED to be with.
                > just like your lovely girlfriends/wifes:)
                >
                > you can download from:
                >
                > also, i am in need of great colorScheme to add to my ColorSchemePicker, so if you have great colorScheme and want to share it with me, and users of cColorSchemePicker, please feel free to send it to me, it'd be great honor for me,
                > thank you in advance.
                > also, any feedback and suggestions is welcomed.

                i add a Windows OS support for this plugin. so windows users, you are welcome to try it out:)

              • ping
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 17, 2012

                  On 11/24/2012 08:25 PM, ping wrote:

                  > On 11/24/2012 01:09 PM, sunus lee wrote:
                  >> Hi, I wrote a plugin called ColorSchemePicker,
                  >>
                  >> here is something about it:
                  >> Power VIM Users like us have already wasted tons of time to choose
                  >> our favorite colorschemes, and may still not be satisfied with the
                  >> current colorschemes. So I wrote this plugin to help us out, to
                  >> meet the perfect colorsheme that we are DESTINED to be with.
                  >> just like your lovely girlfriends/wifes:)
                  >>
                  >> you can download from:
                  >> http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=4319
                  >>
                  >> also, i am in need of great colorScheme to add to my ColorSchemePicker, so if you have great colorScheme and want to share it with me, and users of cColorSchemePicker, please feel free to send it to me, it'd be great honor for me,
                  >> thank you in advance.
                  >> also, any feedback and suggestions is welcomed.
                  >>

                  > looks good, I just tested it out and works fine for me.
                  > thanks!
                  >
                  > regards
                  > ping

                  it looked fine but turned out to be boring.
                  everytime I opened a file it give me a different color -- most of them
                  don't fix my terminal background color well so had to switch to my
                  favorite.
                  just removed it and stay manual way.