How to get {lhs} for mapping

  • Timothy Madden
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 23, 2012
      Hello

      In my plugin I would like to display a small "help" window with some
      mappings the user can invoke. Depending on preferences and already
      existing mappings, these can have one of several possible {lhs},
      although the {rhs} is a known string like <Plug>PluginFunction.

      Is there a way for me to know what mappings have '<Plug>PluginFunction'
      as the {rhs} ? So I can display the {lhs} in the "help" window for the
      user ?

      Something like hasmapto(), but I would also like to know what the
      mapping is.

      Thank you,
      Timothy Madden

    • Marcin Szamotulski
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 23, 2012
        On 14:22 Fri 23 Nov , Timothy Madden wrote:
        > Hello
        >
        > In my plugin I would like to display a small "help" window with some
        > mappings the user can invoke. Depending on preferences and already
        > existing mappings, these can have one of several possible {lhs},
        > although the {rhs} is a known string like <Plug>PluginFunction.
        >
        > Is there a way for me to know what mappings have '<Plug>PluginFunction'
        > as the {rhs} ? So I can display the {lhs} in the "help" window for the
        > user ?
        >
        > Something like hasmapto(), but I would also like to know what the
        > mapping is.
        >
        > Thank you,
        > Timothy Madden

        Hi Timothy,

        I think there is no function for that, unfortunately. You can look at
        my plugin:
        how I have implemented a grep through the mappings. Basically I dump
        the output of the map command (or its variations) and use a vim pattern
        to match against the rhs. As far as I understand you want to have
        something similar.

        Best,
        Marcin