Re: vim: is there a way to C-V a text object?

  • Christian Brabandt
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 19, 2012
      On Mon, November 19, 2012 23:03, ping wrote:
      > looks currently "C-v i/a p" is same as "v i/a p" for a paragraph...

      I don't understand. Can you please explain, what you are trying to do?
      I am not sure <Ctrl-V> and paragraph actually makes sense here.

      regards,
      Christian

    • ping
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 20, 2012
        On 11/20/2012 2:28 AM, Christian Brabandt wrote:
        On Mon, November 19, 2012 23:03, ping wrote:

        looks currently "C-v i/a p" is same as "v i/a p" for a paragraph...

        I don't understand. Can you please explain, what you are trying to do?
        I am not sure <Ctrl-V> and paragraph actually makes sense here.

        regards,
        Christian

        it makes sense, at least for me, in the case that I want to paste a new column.

        say I have my text like this:

            interfac
             qos-pro
             encapsu
             ip desc
             ip sa-v
             ip addr
             no ip r

            e seria
            file "I
            lation
            ription
            alidate
            ess 65.
            edirect

        how do I move the 2nd paragraph and clue it to the 1st?

        currently manually I can only copy it like this:

        go to 2nd P and put my cursor exactly at left-up corner letter "e"
        c-v and move down to left-bottom corner letter "e"
        $

        that said,  0vip<c-v>$ OR ^vip<c-v>$ , or using } only works if the text object happen to start from 1st column.
        in case of indented Paragraph, there seems no way to change the highlighted columns (to make it start from 1st column e instead of all) once selected via "v a p".

        and b.t.w, your NrrwRgn is nice!

      • ping