RE: UP_CASE_VARIABLE to UpCaseVariable

  • John Beckett
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 19, 2012
      Waters, Bill wrote:
      > Does anyone have a plugin or clever substitution that will
      > convert from an all upper case variable (UP_CASE_VARIABLE) to
      > a camel-case variable (UpCaseVariable), and vice versa?

      Some suggestions are at:
      http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Converting_variables_to_or_from_camel_case

      John

    • David Fishburn
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 19, 2012
        On Nov 19, 2012, at 6:19 PM, "John Beckett" <johnb.beckett@...> wrote:

        > Waters, Bill wrote:
        >> Does anyone have a plugin or clever substitution that will
        >> convert from an all upper case variable (UP_CASE_VARIABLE) to
        >> a camel-case variable (UpCaseVariable), and vice versa?
        >
        > Some suggestions are at:
        > http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Converting_variables_to_or_from_camel_case

        I am surprised that didnt reference the keepcase.vim script which I think is great.

        If it meets your requirements.

        --
        David Fishburn

      • Bee
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 19, 2012
          On Nov 19, 2:28 pm, "Waters, Bill" <wat...@...> wrote:
          > Does anyone have a plugin or clever substitution that will convert from an all upper case variable (UP_CASE_VARIABLE) to a camel-case variable (UpCaseVariable), and vice versa?

          " Titlecase A Line Or Selection
          vnoremap \<F6> :s/\%V\<\(\w\)\(\w*\)\>/\u\1\L\2/ge<cr>
          nmap \<F6> V\<F6>
          imap \<F6> <esc>\<F6>i

        • Bee
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 19, 2012
            Oops... I mis-read and posted title case.

          • John Beckett
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 19, 2012
              David Fishburn wrote:
              >> Some suggestions are at:
              >> http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Converting_variables_to_or_from_camel_case
              >
              > I am surprised that didnt reference the keepcase.vim script
              > which I think is great.

              That script is mentioned at:
              http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Search_and_replace#Special_cases

              If someone could describe how it helps with regard to converting
              variables to/from camel case, that could be added to the first
              tip above. Example commands with a brief statement of what they
              do is best.

              John

            • Christian Brabandt
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 19, 2012
                On Tue, November 20, 2012 02:32, David Fishburn wrote:

                > On Nov 19, 2012, at 6:19 PM, "John Beckett" <johnb.beckett@...>
                > wrote:
                >
                >> Waters, Bill wrote:
                >>> Does anyone have a plugin or clever substitution that will
                >>> convert from an all upper case variable (UP_CASE_VARIABLE) to
                >>> a camel-case variable (UpCaseVariable), and vice versa?
                >>
                >> Some suggestions are at:
                >> http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Converting_variables_to_or_from_camel_case
                >
                > I am surprised that didnt reference the keepcase.vim script which I think
                > is great.
                >
                > If it meets your requirements.

                I added a reference to the plugin to the mentioned wiki page.

                regards,
                Christian

              • Waters, Bill
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 20, 2012