UP_CASE_VARIABLE to UpCaseVariable

  • Waters, Bill
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 19, 2012

      Does anyone have a plugin or clever substitution that will convert from an all upper case variable (UP_CASE_VARIABLE) to a camel-case variable (UpCaseVariable), and vice versa?

      Thanks,

      Bill

    • John Beckett
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 19, 2012
        Waters, Bill wrote:
        > Does anyone have a plugin or clever substitution that will
        > convert from an all upper case variable (UP_CASE_VARIABLE) to
        > a camel-case variable (UpCaseVariable), and vice versa?

        Some suggestions are at:
        http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Converting_variables_to_or_from_camel_case

        John

      • David Fishburn
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 19, 2012
          On Nov 19, 2012, at 6:19 PM, "John Beckett" <johnb.beckett@...> wrote:

          > Waters, Bill wrote:
          >> Does anyone have a plugin or clever substitution that will
          >> convert from an all upper case variable (UP_CASE_VARIABLE) to
          >> a camel-case variable (UpCaseVariable), and vice versa?
          >
          > Some suggestions are at:
          > http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Converting_variables_to_or_from_camel_case

          I am surprised that didnt reference the keepcase.vim script which I think is great.

          If it meets your requirements.

          --
          David Fishburn

        • Bee
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 19, 2012
            On Nov 19, 2:28 pm, "Waters, Bill" <wat...@...> wrote:
            > Does anyone have a plugin or clever substitution that will convert from an all upper case variable (UP_CASE_VARIABLE) to a camel-case variable (UpCaseVariable), and vice versa?

            " Titlecase A Line Or Selection
            vnoremap \<F6> :s/\%V\<\(\w\)\(\w*\)\>/\u\1\L\2/ge<cr>
            nmap \<F6> V\<F6>
            imap \<F6> <esc>\<F6>i

          • Bee
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 19, 2012
              Oops... I mis-read and posted title case.

            • John Beckett
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 19, 2012
                David Fishburn wrote:
                >> Some suggestions are at:
                >> http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Converting_variables_to_or_from_camel_case
                >
                > I am surprised that didnt reference the keepcase.vim script
                > which I think is great.

                That script is mentioned at:
                http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Search_and_replace#Special_cases

                If someone could describe how it helps with regard to converting
                variables to/from camel case, that could be added to the first
                tip above. Example commands with a brief statement of what they
                do is best.

                John

              • Christian Brabandt
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 19, 2012
                  On Tue, November 20, 2012 02:32, David Fishburn wrote:

                  > On Nov 19, 2012, at 6:19 PM, "John Beckett" <johnb.beckett@...>
                  > wrote:
                  >
                  >> Waters, Bill wrote:
                  >>> Does anyone have a plugin or clever substitution that will
                  >>> convert from an all upper case variable (UP_CASE_VARIABLE) to
                  >>> a camel-case variable (UpCaseVariable), and vice versa?
                  >>
                  >> Some suggestions are at:
                  >> http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Converting_variables_to_or_from_camel_case
                  >
                  > I am surprised that didnt reference the keepcase.vim script which I think
                  > is great.
                  >
                  > If it meets your requirements.

                  I added a reference to the plugin to the mentioned wiki page.

                  regards,
                  Christian

                • Waters, Bill
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 20, 2012