undo broken by setline

  • cheater cheater
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 16, 2012
      Hi guys,
      I have stumbled into data loss due to this bug:

      https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/vim_use/yRcEE2eO8TQ

      short summary: setline during insert breaks bug.

      I know putting bugs in a dusty database doesn't help them get fixed, but has this bug been all-but-forgotten? I have been unable to find out whether it's been fixed in the latest version.

      The original topic contains steps to reproduce.

      This bug is easily triggered when using addons like delimitMate or AutoClose.

      See here:
      https://github.com/Raimondi/delimitMate/issues/54
      and:
      https://github.com/Raimondi/delimitMate/issues/70

      Thanks for looking at this..

    • Christian Brabandt
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 16, 2012
        On Fri, November 16, 2012 10:10, cheater cheater wrote:
        > Hi guys,
        > I have stumbled into data loss due to this bug:
        >
        > https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/vim_use/yRcEE2eO8TQ
        >
        > short summary: setline during insert breaks bug.
        >
        > I know putting bugs in a dusty database doesn't help them get fixed, but
        > has this bug been all-but-forgotten? I have been unable to find out
        > whether it's been fixed in the latest version.

        It is still in the todo list. See :h todo.txt and search for Israel

        regards,
        Christian

      • Christian Brabandt
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 16, 2012
          On Fr, 16 Nov 2012, Christian Brabandt wrote:
          > On Fri, November 16, 2012 10:10, cheater cheater wrote:
          > > Hi guys,
          > > I have stumbled into data loss due to this bug:
          > >
          > > https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/vim_use/yRcEE2eO8TQ
          > >
          > > short summary: setline during insert breaks bug.
          > >
          > > I know putting bugs in a dusty database doesn't help them get fixed, but
          > > has this bug been all-but-forgotten? I have been unable to find out
          > > whether it's been fixed in the latest version.
          >

          > It is still in the todo list. See :h todo.txt and search for Israel

          Bram,
          here is a patch, that I think fixes the issue and includes a patch.

          regards,
          Christian

        • cheater cheater
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 17, 2012
            On Friday, November 16, 2012 11:00:35 PM UTC+1, Christian Brabandt wrote:
            > On Fr, 16 Nov 2012, Christian Brabandt wrote:
            >
            > > On Fri, November 16, 2012 10:10, cheater cheater wrote:
            >
            > > > Hi guys,
            >
            > > > I have stumbled into data loss due to this bug:
            >

            > > > https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/vim_use/yRcEE2eO8TQ
            >

            > > > short summary: setline during insert breaks bug.
            >

            > > > I know putting bugs in a dusty database doesn't help them get fixed, but
            >
            > > > has this bug been all-but-forgotten? I have been unable to find out
            >
            > > > whether it's been fixed in the latest version.
            >

            > > It is still in the todo list. See :h todo.txt and search for Israel
            >

            > Bram,
            >
            > here is a patch, that I think fixes the issue and includes a patch.
            >
            > regards,
            >
            > Christian

            Christian, most amazing. You're what's right with free software. Thank you very much.

          • Bram Moolenaar
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 17, 2012
              Christian Brabandt wrote:

              > On Fr, 16 Nov 2012, Christian Brabandt wrote:
              > > On Fri, November 16, 2012 10:10, cheater cheater wrote:
              > > > Hi guys,
              > > > I have stumbled into data loss due to this bug:
              > > >
              > > > https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/vim_use/yRcEE2eO8TQ
              > > >
              > > > short summary: setline during insert breaks bug.
              > > >
              > > > I know putting bugs in a dusty database doesn't help them get fixed, but
              > > > has this bug been all-but-forgotten? I have been unable to find out
              > > > whether it's been fixed in the latest version.
              > >

              > > It is still in the todo list. See :h todo.txt and search for Israel
              >
              > Bram,
              > here is a patch, that I think fixes the issue and includes a patch.

              You mean it includes a test :-). Thanks!

              30. Even though you died last week, you've managed to retain OPS on your
              favorite IRC channel.