Re: change all files

  • Ben Fritz
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 14, 2012
      On Wednesday, November 14, 2012 6:21:25 AM UTC-6, vicky b wrote:
      > currently i am java developers who is addicted to eclipse( java ide), notepad++
      > would it help me if i start learning vim consider it steep learning curve may not be now but would it help me in the long run

      Possibly; it depends on your editing style. My guess is "yes". Since you use both Eclipse and Notepad++, I'm guessing you like some of the developer tools in Eclipse but not the text editor.

      Vim is not a very good IDE by itself but is an EXCELLENT text editor. And the eclim plugin for Eclipse and Vim lets you access many of the Eclipse developer tools you like from within Vim:

      http://eclim.org

      Next time please start a new thread rather than responding to an old one for a new topic like this.