Re: Spellcheck on Tex-Files

  • Charles Campbell
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 2, 2012
      skeept wrote:
      > Thank you very much! With the help of your plugin HILINKS and your
      > last suggestion I was finally able to get it to work. The version I
      > have in my config file (which I would not be able to write without
      > your plugin) is: syn region texTabularPos matchgroup=texStatement \
      > start='\\begin\s*{\s*tabular\s*}[^}]*{' end='}' fold \
      > contains=@texFoldGroup,@texDocGroup,@NoSpell \
      > containedin=texDocZone,texChapterZone,texSectionZone,texSubSectionZone
      > Since I got this far, I would ask a related question. Some authors
      > names are first classified as bad spelling. For some names, say
      > Al-Faiz both words Al and Faiz are spelling errors. They are actually
      > a name but unless they appear together this should be a bad spelling.
      > An idea I have is to define a command \nospell and then when writing
      > the name I would just write \nospell{Al-Faiz} and then I could
      > instruct vim not to spell that region, using a technique similar to
      > the above one. Any idea on this? Thanks!
      Glad you could get it to work.

      If you can live with "-" signs in your keyword (see :help 'isk'), then
      making names part of a keyword list (and contains=@NoSpell) should
      work. Keywords are the fastest (using a hashing method for recognition)
      plus have top priority (so you won't need to worry about the
      containedin=... list).

      Regards,
      Chip Campbell

    • skeept
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 3, 2012
        On Friday, November 2, 2012 9:50:51 AM UTC-4, Charles Campbell wrote:
        > skeept wrote:
        >
        > > Thank you very much! With the help of your plugin HILINKS and your
        >
        > > last suggestion I was finally able to get it to work. The version I
        >
        > > have in my config file (which I would not be able to write without
        >
        > > your plugin) is: syn region texTabularPos matchgroup=texStatement \
        >
        > > start='\\begin\s*{\s*tabular\s*}[^}]*{' end='}' fold \
        >
        > > contains=@texFoldGroup,@texDocGroup,@NoSpell \
        >
        > > containedin=texDocZone,texChapterZone,texSectionZone,texSubSectionZone
        >
        > > Since I got this far, I would ask a related question. Some authors
        >
        > > names are first classified as bad spelling. For some names, say
        >
        > > Al-Faiz both words Al and Faiz are spelling errors. They are actually
        >
        > > a name but unless they appear together this should be a bad spelling.
        >
        > > An idea I have is to define a command \nospell and then when writing
        >
        > > the name I would just write \nospell{Al-Faiz} and then I could
        >
        > > instruct vim not to spell that region, using a technique similar to
        >
        > > the above one. Any idea on this? Thanks!
        >
        > Glad you could get it to work.
        >

        > If you can live with "-" signs in your keyword (see :help 'isk'), then
        >
        > making names part of a keyword list (and contains=@NoSpell) should
        >
        > work. Keywords are the fastest (using a hashing method for recognition)
        >
        > plus have top priority (so you won't need to worry about the
        >
        > containedin=... list).
        >

        > Regards,
        >
        > Chip Campbell

        Thanks for the suggestion, I have thought about that before but I prefer not to add - to iskeyword. I did add : which makes completion for references easier (so I can type eqn:<C-N> and have a list of possible words starting with eqn:)

        Regards,
        Jorge Rodrigues