Re: :bonly?

  • Andy Wokula
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2012
      Am 02.11.2012 11:49, schrieb Paul:
      > I don't see a command to delete all buffers except the current one
      > (like :tabonly). Is it possible without a script?

      Of course ... although you should not expect a one-click solution.

      Just note that the :bd command accepts a range.

      If you have around 20 buffers and the current buffer number is 7 (check
      current buffer number with 2<C-G> ), you can do:
      :1,6 bd| 8,99 bd

      Variants:
      :1,6 bd!| 8,99 bd! " discard modified buffers
      :sil! 1,6bd| sil! 8,99bd " keep modified buffers
      :conf 1,6bd| conf 8,99bd " ask what to do with mod. buffers
      " do the same with :bun or :bw ...
      etc.

      Don't use ranges :8,$ or :%, these are still line-ranges (whether
      buffers are affected depends on the number of lines in your buffer).

      --
      Andy