:bonly?

  • Paul
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2012
      I don't see a command to delete all buffers except the current one (like :tabonly). Is it possible without a script?

      --

      .

    • Asis Hallab
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 2, 2012
        Hi!

        Put the attached script into your vim plugin folder.
        You'll have the :Bonly command available.

        Cheers!

        2012/11/2 Paul <google1240@...>
        I don't see a command to delete all buffers except the current one (like :tabonly). Is it possible without a script?

        --

        .

      • Andy Wokula
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 2, 2012
          Am 02.11.2012 11:49, schrieb Paul:
          > I don't see a command to delete all buffers except the current one
          > (like :tabonly). Is it possible without a script?

          Of course ... although you should not expect a one-click solution.

          Just note that the :bd command accepts a range.

          If you have around 20 buffers and the current buffer number is 7 (check
          current buffer number with 2<C-G> ), you can do:
          :1,6 bd| 8,99 bd

          Variants:
          :1,6 bd!| 8,99 bd! " discard modified buffers
          :sil! 1,6bd| sil! 8,99bd " keep modified buffers
          :conf 1,6bd| conf 8,99bd " ask what to do with mod. buffers
          " do the same with :bun or :bw ...
          etc.

          Don't use ranges :8,$ or :%, these are still line-ranges (whether
          buffers are affected depends on the number of lines in your buffer).

          --
          Andy