Re: re-selecting block in different buffer

  • Marcin Szamotulski
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 31, 2012
      On 06:03 Wed 31 Oct , Tim Chase wrote:
      > On 10/30/12 12:32, Ben Fritz wrote:
      > > Vim remembers the previous mode though, and while it might not be
      > > accessible, you can select the same area and mode in a different
      > > place by using 1v. The help on this is a little hard to find, it
      > > does not have its own topic, it is right above :help v_<Esc>.
      >
      > This must have been added more recently than the 7.2 that Debian
      > Stable gives me by default. But it sounds like an interesting feature.
      >
      > -tim

      Indeed it is a nice feature. But it doesn't remember the are when
      escaping the visual mode (with <esc> or <c-c>). I've asked about it on
      vim_dev, and I got an answer that this rather will not be changed in vim
      (since it may break some plugins) but there is a workaround:

      vnoremap <Esc> g?gvg?

      Best,
      Marcin