RE: colorschemer release upload failure

  • John Beckett
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30, 2012
      richard emberson wrote:
      > I am trying to upload the first release of what I call
      > colorschemer
      > http://www.vim.org/scripts/add_script_version.php?script_id=4240
      > Now, the colorschemer.zip file is a rather big file: 3.5M.
      > Would that prevent me from uploading it?

      I don't know about any technical limitations, but is a 3.5M
      zip file really a Vim script? There are people who routinely
      download new scripts and have a look at them from interest.
      They will get a surprise when they find themselves looking
      at an unzipped file of several megabytes.

      If I understand the situation, your zip is a collection of all
      colorscheme scripts from vim.org, with some tool for viewing
      them? Similar ideas have been tried in the past, but I think
      there are far too many colorschemes for anyone to evaluate.
      That's particularly the case when many of them are merely a
      minor variation on another scheme, and many are somewhat broken.

      It might be more helpful for someone to do an evaluation for
      what is good on a system of a certain type, and provide a
      preview of, say, fifty of the best schemes. See the links at
      the following for how that has been attempted:
      http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Switch_color_schemes

      John