Re: spam scripts on vim.org

  • Marc Weber
    Message 1 of 19 , Sep 26, 2012
      Excerpts from Bill Hudacek's message of Wed Sep 26 16:15:20 +0200 2012:
      > With all due respect, Dr., I'd suggest that at least a check of 'ctimes'
      > (to catch replaced files within the DocRoot or config areas of the HTTP
      > server) on or (soon) after the placement of the suspect images might be
      > warranted.
      .htaccess can't be modified by apache (permissions) - however there are
      some .php files which are writable by apache eventually.

      Of course we could easily write a 5 line php script which outputs all
      important (.php and .htaccess files) and their hashes - then changes can
      be detected easily by diffing against the last dump.

      If you think that we feel more safe having such checks - I'll implement
      it - however I'm not going to make the url to that php page public for
      obvious reasons.

      Marc Weber