who install verilog_emacsauto.vim? help me

  • 王军
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 5, 2012

      Hi:

               I can’t install verilog_emacsauto.vim.

               Who can help me?

    • Ben Fritz
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 6, 2012
        On Thursday, September 6, 2012 1:49:38 AM UTC-5, jun wang wrote:
        > Hi:
        >          I can’t install verilog_emacsauto.vim.
        >
        >          Who can help me?

        What problems did you run into?

        I assume you are talking about the script at http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=1875. If this is the case, looking at only the documentation on the page, I can tell that you will need:

        1. In your .vimrc, you need "filetype plugin on" at a minimum. "filetype plugin indent on" will also work.
        2. On Unix-like systems, a ~/.vim/ftplugin directory and a ~/elisp directory. On Windows, a $HOME/vimfiles/ftplugin directory and a $HOME/elisp directory. HOME can either be set as an environment variable outside of Vim, or you can use whatever Vim calculates it to be. Ask Vim where it is by doing ":echo $HOME" within Vim.
        3. The script downloaded from the link above, placed in the correct ftplugin directory for your system.
        4. The verilog-mode.el script mentioned in the link above, downloaded from the link on that page and placed in the appropriate elisp directory for your system.
        5. Edit a file which Vim detects as the verilog filetype, or set the filetype manually to verilog.

        If you do not have all these things in place, please try them now. If you try them and still have problems, come back with a specific sequence of steps you tried and what happened, and what you expected to happen.

      • 王军
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 6, 2012
          It must install emacs?
          I uninstall emacs early

          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 6, 2012
            On Thursday, September 6, 2012 8:33:36 PM UTC-5, jun wang wrote:
            > It must install emacs?
            >
            > I uninstall emacs early

            Nobody said anything about emacs. Follow the install instructions on the vim.org script page and see what happens.

          • 王军
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 6, 2012

              I use \a,it prompt:

              And generate  verilog_emacsauto.vim.emacsautotmp

              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 6, 2012
                On 07/09/12 07:20, 王军 wrote:
                > I use “\a”,it prompt:
                >
                > And generate ”verilog_emacsauto.vim.emacsautotmp”

                That Chinese sentence on the images means "command not found", I
                suppose, or whatever Windows uses to say that?

                In that case I suppose the script can only be used on Unix-like systems
                (including Cygwin but not Native-Windows), because "rm" (for "remove")
                is what Unix uses for the command known on Windows (and MS-DOS) as DEL
                (or maybe DELETE).

                If God wanted us to be brave, why did he give us legs?
                -- Marvin Kitman

              • Christian Brabandt
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 7, 2012
                  On Fri, September 7, 2012 03:33, 王军 wrote:
                  > It must install emacs?
                  > I uninstall emacs early

                  Yes, the script assumes, you have emacs installed and in your %PATH%
                  environment. It also makes use of removing files using the unix rm
                  command, so open the file and replace each rm call by del.

                  You should possible also tell the author (if he is still actively maintaining
                  the script) about your issue, so he'll be able to update the script
                  for use on Windows (e.g. by using the delete() VimL functions) and to
                  also update the documentation for installing the plugin)

                  regards,
                  Christian

                • 王军
                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 7, 2012