Re: Autoclose plugin breaks abbreviations expansion

  • Christian Brabandt
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 5, 2012
      On Wed, September 5, 2012 15:54, Matteo Riva wrote:
      > On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 3:49 PM, Christian Brabandt <cblists@...>
      > wrote:
      >> Are you sure it is autocloses fault? This plugin doesn't remap <space>
      >> for me.
      >
      > It does (line 456 of plugin/AutoClose.vim):
      >
      > inoremap <buffer> <silent> <Space> <C-R>=<SID>Space()<CR>
      >
      > also if I disable the plugin, abbreviations work fine.

      This must be a differen AutoClose plugin not the one you mentioned
      in your first message:

      This only has 189 lines (and doesn't remap <space>).

      regards,
      Christian

    • Matteo Riva
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 5, 2012
        On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 4:00 PM, Christian Brabandt <cblists@...> wrote:
        > This must be a differen AutoClose plugin not the one you mentioned
        > in your first message:
        >
        > This only has 189 lines (and doesn't remap <space>).

        You are right, there are apparently two plugins with that name and I'm
        using this one: https://github.com/Townk/vim-autoclose

        I might try the other one, although the automatic insertion of space is
        nice.

      • Christian Brabandt
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 5, 2012
          On Wed, September 5, 2012 16:06, Matteo Riva wrote:
          > On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 4:00 PM, Christian Brabandt <cblists@...>
          > wrote:
          >> This must be a differen AutoClose plugin not the one you mentioned
          >> in your first message:
          >> http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=2009
          >>
          >> This only has 189 lines (and doesn't remap <space>).
          >
          > You are right, there are apparently two plugins with that name and I'm
          > using this one: https://github.com/Townk/vim-autoclose
          >
          > I might try the other one, although the automatic insertion of space is
          > nice.

          I have no access to github currently, but you could open an issue
          at github, requesting that the mapping of space should always prepend a
          <c-]> to expand abbreviations (this needs at least patch 7.3.489, otherwise
          it is quite un-useful).

          regards,
          Christian