Re: Autoclose plugin breaks abbreviations expansion

  • Matteo Riva
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 5, 2012
      On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 3:49 PM, Christian Brabandt <cblists@...> wrote:
      > Are you sure it is autocloses fault? This plugin doesn't remap <space>
      > for me.

      It does (line 456 of plugin/AutoClose.vim):

      inoremap <buffer> <silent> <Space> <C-R>=<SID>Space()<CR>

      also if I disable the plugin, abbreviations work fine.

    • Christian Brabandt
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 5, 2012
        On Wed, September 5, 2012 15:54, Matteo Riva wrote:
        > On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 3:49 PM, Christian Brabandt <cblists@...>
        > wrote:
        >> Are you sure it is autocloses fault? This plugin doesn't remap <space>
        >> for me.
        >
        > It does (line 456 of plugin/AutoClose.vim):
        >
        > inoremap <buffer> <silent> <Space> <C-R>=<SID>Space()<CR>
        >
        > also if I disable the plugin, abbreviations work fine.

        This must be a differen AutoClose plugin not the one you mentioned
        in your first message:

        This only has 189 lines (and doesn't remap <space>).

        regards,
        Christian

      • Matteo Riva
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 5, 2012
          On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 4:00 PM, Christian Brabandt <cblists@...> wrote:
          > This must be a differen AutoClose plugin not the one you mentioned
          > in your first message:
          >
          > This only has 189 lines (and doesn't remap <space>).

          You are right, there are apparently two plugins with that name and I'm
          using this one: https://github.com/Townk/vim-autoclose

          I might try the other one, although the automatic insertion of space is
          nice.

        • Christian Brabandt
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 5, 2012
            On Wed, September 5, 2012 16:06, Matteo Riva wrote:
            > On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 4:00 PM, Christian Brabandt <cblists@...>
            > wrote:
            >> This must be a differen AutoClose plugin not the one you mentioned
            >> in your first message:
            >> http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=2009
            >>
            >> This only has 189 lines (and doesn't remap <space>).
            >
            > You are right, there are apparently two plugins with that name and I'm
            > using this one: https://github.com/Townk/vim-autoclose
            >
            > I might try the other one, although the automatic insertion of space is
            > nice.

            I have no access to github currently, but you could open an issue
            at github, requesting that the mapping of space should always prepend a
            <c-]> to expand abbreviations (this needs at least patch 7.3.489, otherwise
            it is quite un-useful).

            regards,
            Christian