extending VIM

  • Nilesh Parmar
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 3, 2012
      Hello Experts,

      I would like to learn how to extend Vim. Are there any good books or resources I could refer?

      Thanks,
      Nilesh

    • Tim Chase
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 3, 2012
        On 09/03/12 09:46, Nilesh Parmar wrote:
        > Hello Experts,
        >
        > I would like to learn how to extend Vim. Are there any good books or
        > resources I could refer?

        The first place I'd start would be to look through the catalog of
        currently-available scripts[1] to see if there's something similar
        to the functionality you want to create. Then study what the
        existing script(s) does/do, and try to modify. Alternatively,
        depending on how you read, you might want to start at

        :help usr_41.txt

        Hope this helps,

        -tim

        [1]