http://www.vim.org/maillist.php references a broken FAQ page (no content)

  • Aleksey Tsalolikhin
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 30 7:33 AM
      Hi. I'm new to vim. I was looking for the mailing list and the FAQ.

      I'd like to report that http://www.vim.org/maillist.php references a broken FAQ page (there is no content on any of the page on the FAQ site and http://vimdoc.sourceforge.net/vimdocschemes.html gives an error)

      Best,
      Aleksey

    • Bram Moolenaar
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 30 1:58 PM
        Aleksey Tsalolikhin wrote:

        > Hi. I'm new to vim. I was looking for the mailing list and the FAQ.
        >
        > I'd like to report that http://www.vim.org/maillist.php references a
        > broken FAQ page (there is no content on any of the page on the FAQ
        > site and http://vimdoc.sourceforge.net/vimdocschemes.html gives an
        > error)

        I fixed the link to the FAQ. Thanks for reporting this.

        --
        ARTHUR: Who are you?
        TALL KNIGHT: We are the Knights Who Say "Ni"!

      • Christian Brabandt
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 30 2:15 PM
          Hi Bram!

          On Do, 30 Aug 2012, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

          > Aleksey Tsalolikhin wrote:
          >
          > > Hi. I'm new to vim. I was looking for the mailing list and the FAQ.
          > >
          > > I'd like to report that http://www.vim.org/maillist.php references a
          > > broken FAQ page (there is no content on any of the page on the FAQ
          > > site and http://vimdoc.sourceforge.net/vimdocschemes.html gives an
          > > error)
          >
          > I fixed the link to the FAQ. Thanks for reporting this.

          I have lately maintained the faq (and the corresponding Vim plugin) at
          https://vimhelp.appspot.com/vim_faq.txt.html

          regards,
          Christian

        • Bram Moolenaar
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 1, 2012
            Christian Brabandt wrote:

            > On Do, 30 Aug 2012, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
            >
            > > Aleksey Tsalolikhin wrote:
            > >
            > > > Hi. I'm new to vim. I was looking for the mailing list and the FAQ.
            > > >
            > > > I'd like to report that http://www.vim.org/maillist.php references a
            > > > broken FAQ page (there is no content on any of the page on the FAQ
            > > > site and http://vimdoc.sourceforge.net/vimdocschemes.html gives an
            > > > error)
            > >
            > > I fixed the link to the FAQ. Thanks for reporting this.
            >
            > I have lately maintained the faq (and the corresponding Vim plugin) at
            > https://vimhelp.appspot.com/vim_faq.txt.html

            It looks better than the one we have a link to:
            http://vimdoc.sourceforge.net/htmldoc/vimfaq.html

            How are these two versions kept in sync? If not, should we drop one?
            It's confusing for users if there is more than one version.

            --
            Even got a Datapoint 3600(?) with a DD50 connector instead of the
            usual DB25... what a nightmare trying to figure out the pinout