Re: CTRL-W in insert mode

  • A Loumiotis
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 28, 2012
      On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 10:07 AM, Christian Brabandt <cblists@...> wrote:
      > On Tue, August 28, 2012 08:40, A Loumiotis wrote:
      >> Thanks Jürgen for your help. I tried your suggestion but I couldn't
      >> make it work. I'm relatively new user of VIM so I might be doing
      >> something wrong. I solved my problem though by pressing:
      >> <esc> u
      >> after i press <c-w> in insert mode.
      >
      > The problem when exiting to normal mode and undoing is, that you undo
      > the complete change (i.e. everything that was typed from when you
      > started insert mode the last time, including the Ctrl-W or Ctrl-U).
      > Therefore, you usually lose more than just the Ctrl-W part when you
      > undo.
      >
      > A better approach is described in the Wiki:
      >
      > http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Recover_from_accidental_Ctrl-U
      >
      > regards,
      > Christian

      Thanks Christian for the explanation and for the helpful link you
      provided that made me understand that the map that Jürgen suggested
      changes the behavior of undo in normal mode. That's why
      <esc> u
      was working the way that I wanted. I had already saved the map that
      Jürgen suggested into my vimrc file.

      Best,
      Antonis