Re: Building Vim for Windows (like "Vim Without Cream")

  • Steve Hall
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 27, 2012
      On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 4:27 PM, Michael Henry <vim@...> wrote:
      > On 08/25/2012 02:54 PM, Steve Hall wrote:
      >> On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 10:02 AM, Michael Henry <vim@...> wrote:
      >>>
      >>> Ideally, I'd like to replicate the "Vim Without Cream" build
      >>
      >> I'm the author and will be glad to help as much as I can. We keep our
      >> build source in CVS:
      >>
      >> http://cream.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/cream/misc/
      >>
      >> Sadly, this is all a bit out of date. BUT, I have completely updated
      >> code and a simple installation guide at work I can push up Monday.
      >
      > That would be very helpful; thanks!

      Ok, build sources are updated. A few hints:

      build.bat This goes in your build directory. It copies vim-build.bat
      to it and then calls it. Useful when your developing
      vim-build.bat ;)

      gvim.nsi The Nullsoft Installer script used to build the .exe. As
      much as possible it references variables set in the build
      script so that it doesn't really need to be edited unless
      you are trying to change the behavior of the actual
      installer.

      *.bmp Pretty graphics I made for our installer and our Vim toolbar.

      vim-build.bat The actual build script, you'll definitely need to edit
      the ENVIRONMENT section to set paths, versions, etc. This
      is where everything happens and most likely where every
      problem will be fixed. :)

      vim-build-INSTALLS.txt A cheat sheet of required dependencies.

      I've got about 10 years in these files. They've become durable enough
      that I sometimes don't remember how they work in places. But let me
      know if you have any questions and I'll dig back into them.

      I would greatly appreciate any help you can give us to fix Ruby, TCL,
      and MZScheme!

      :: Cream for Vim http://cream.sourceforge.net