Re: What's the best way to move to an arbitrary location on your screen?

  • Paul
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 2, 2012

      I like PreciseJump: http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=3437

      --

      .

    • Ethan Hereth
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 3, 2012
        On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 6:33 AM, Paul <google01239@...> wrote:
        On Tuesday, 31 July, 2012 at 19:58:55 BST, Daan wrote:
        I've been learning Vim for a while, and one situation has been coming up a lot for me:

        1) I'm scrolling through a sourcefile, and see an interesting word I'd like to edit or yank.
        2) I look left at the line number of the word, and type [line number]G
        3) I keep pressing w/W/b/B until I reach the word, (except if the word happens to be the first or last word of the line, or located near a unique symbol)

        However, this feels inefficient (especially step 2), and I'm hoping to find a better solution.

        I like PreciseJump: http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=3437

        --

        If you like PreciseJump, you'd probably also like EasyMotion: http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=3526 (or  https://github.com/Lokaltog/vim-easymotion)
            In my opinion it is more complete than PreciseJump; it does everything PreciseJump does and more...

      • Paul
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 3, 2012
          On Friday, 03 August, 2012 at 15:59:44 BST, Ethan Hereth wrote:
          >> I like PreciseJump: http://www.vim.org/scripts/**script.php?script_id=3437<http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=3437>
          >>
          >> If you like PreciseJump, you'd probably also like EasyMotion:
          >> http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=3526 (or
          >> https://github.com/Lokaltog/vim-easymotion)
          >>
          > In my opinion it is more complete than PreciseJump; it does everything
          >PreciseJump does and more...

          Mine too, now!

          --

          .

        • Christian Brabandt
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 5, 2012
            Hi sc!

            On Di, 31 Jul 2012, sc wrote:

            > :h f
            >
            > f is the linewise search command -- it is famous for the fact that it
            > searches current line only (and to the right only).

            That's why I have made

            regards,
            Christian