Re: vim: syntax issue: colorscheme change reset my syntax highlight

  • Chris Jones
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 29, 2012
      On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 12:38:30PM EDT, ping wrote:

      > On 7/17/2012 5:38 PM, Chris Jones wrote:

      [..]

      > >Maybe you could comment out the ‘hi’ statements at the end of this
      > >syntax file.. or if you like the color scheme move them to a separate
      > >color scheme file..?
      > >

      > this I tried, but not only it doesn't expedite, but it also lose all
      > the syntax highlight.

      I don't have the file anymore, but my guess is that you'd also need to
      link all the alternative ‘low-level’ syntax groups that it defines to
      the ‘standard’ (or perhaps should I say ‘commonly-used’) groups.. The
      ones that are assigned to colors & other forms of highlighting in the
      color scheme(s) you are using.

      > >Or switch back to the ‘official’ asciidoc syntax file and see if that
      > >helps..?
      > >
      > yes as I mentioned, that works, but the default(official) syntax is
      > very limited and is missing a lot of very useful asciidoc syntaxes.

      Agreed. And it's also quite buggy. Perhaps a more useful option might be
      to add whatever improvements are featured in the alternative syntax file
      to the official one.

      > >Maybe contact the maintainer of that syntax file and ask him to
      > >provide two separate files: the syntax file and the color scheme
      > >file..?

      > I did, before seeking help in vim group, no response ... yet.

      Or possibly via the asciidoc list..?

      CJ

      --
      AHH! The neurotic monkeys are after me!