^@latin1^@ was added when paste

  • andy richer
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 5, 2012

      In file A (using gvim version 7.0.237):

      ABCDEFG

      I highlight  ABCDEFG and paste to file B (using gvim version 7.1) and get:

      ^@latin1^@ABCDEFG

      But if I paste to a pure unix window, it does not have problem.

      Because above gvim were invoked inside different utility, so I can not control gvim version to use.

      Thanks in advance.

      Andy

    • Christian Brabandt
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 6, 2012
        Hi andy!

        On Do, 05 Jul 2012, andy richer wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > In file A (using gvim version 7.0.237):
        >
        > ABCDEFG
        >
        > I highlight ABCDEFG and paste to file B (using gvim version 7.1) and get:
        >
        > ^@latin1^@ABCDEFG
        >
        > But if I paste to a pure unix window, it does not have problem.
        >

        > Because above gvim were invoked inside different utility, so I can not
        > control gvim version to use.

        Try pasting using the X11 clipboard (i.e. the + register) instead of the
        cut-buffer (*-register). I think, some older Vims use an predefined
        format for pasting, that includes the encoding in front of the context.
        If nothing helps, consider upgrading to a newer Vim.

        regards,
        Christian