Release candidate of TOhtml

  • Benjamin Fritz
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2012
      Attached is a release candidate for the next update of the TOhtml
      standard plugin distributed with the Vim runtime.

      The major addition in this release is a new feature to specify areas
      of text which do not get copied from a browser showing the rendered
      page. Thus, you can copy-paste code from the browser without also
      pasting line numbers, fold column, etc.

      Please give it a try and reply to this thread (or to me) with any
      issues you encounter. Next weekend, I will remove the "rc1" from the
      version number and submit this to Bram otherwise unchanged, if there
      are no major issues.

      Here's the help text added for the new feature:

      *TOhtml-uncopyable-text* *g:html_prevent_copy*
      Default: empty string.
      This option prevents certain regions of the generated HTML from being copied,
      when you select all text in document rendered in a browser and copy it. Useful
      for allowing users to copy-paste only the source text even if a fold column or
      line numbers are shown in the generated content. Specify regions to be
      affected in this way as follows:
      f: fold column
      n: line numbers (also within fold text)
      t: fold text
      d: diff filler

      Example, to make the fold column and line numbers uncopyable: >
      :let g:html_prevent_copy = "fn"
      <
      This feature is currently implemented by inserting read-only <input> elements
      into the markup to contain the uncopyable areas. This does not work well in
      all cases. When pasting to some applications which understand HTML, the
      <input> elements also get pasted. But plain-text paste destinations should
      always work.

      *g:html_no_invalid*
      Default: 0.
      When 0, if |g:html_prevent_copy| is non-empty, an invalid attribute is
      intentionally inserted into the <input> element for the uncopyable areas. This
      increases the number of applications you can paste to without also pasting the
      <input> elements. Specifically, Microsoft Word will not paste the <input>
      elements if they contain this invalid attribute.
      When 1, no invalid markup is ever intentionally inserted, and the generated
      page should validate. However, be careful pasting into Microsoft Word when
      |g:html_prevent_copy| is non-empty; it can be hard to get rid of the <input>
      elements which get pasted.