Re: vim/cygwin: python support

  • ping
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 30, 2012
      On 6/30/2012 6:04 PM, Tony Mechelynck wrote:
      > On 30/06/12 23:32, ping wrote:
      >> Thanks
      >> I just got it recompiled under cygwin with python support
      >> At least Voom that is based on python runs smoothly now
      >> I can post detailed steps if anyone is interested
      > [...]
      >
      > Maybe you should create a tip at http://vim.wikia.com/ ?
      >

      > Best regards,
      > Tony.

      sure I'll seriously do it later..
      but currently, I'm still testing it -- trying to move all my linux-based
      works (whole .vim including all plugins!) on this new build.

      so Voom (python based) works perfect:

      [1] bash.exe - 1 [2] tech-tips2.txt_VOOM2
      close
      2 161 . . |c-s mod> 4570 === arp
      2 162 . . |smc 4571
      2 163 . . |swap 4572 ==== ##arp
      2+ 164 . . |coredump 4573 in.arpd
      2+ 166 . . |NFS /1 4574 /etc/inet/hosts <- /etc/hosts
      2+ 181 . . |autoFS 4575
      2+ 188 . . |RAID & v 4576 /etc/ethers
      2+ 192 . . |config v 4577
      2+ 196 . . |name ser 4578 arp -a
      - 198 . |book3 4579 -s
      2 199 . . |etherne> 4580 -d
      - 200 = . . |arp 4581
      3 201 . . . |##arp 4582
      3 202 . . . |##rarp 4583 ==== ##rarp

      and ... I do find some minor (maybe not that minor) issue in here, e.g:

      1)sometime (not everytime, roughly half chances) follow warning/errors
      prompt, press <enter> it will go away and laugh vim.

      [ping@ping-new-laptop ~]$ vim
      1 [main] vim 6740 child_info_fork::abort: address space needed by
      'fcntl.dll' (0x320000) is already occupied

      Cannot fork

      Press ENTER or type command to continue

      2) if 1) happened, then ConqueTerm plugin crash vim; otherwise it works
      fine.

      #when it crashes:

      ~
      ~
      ~
      :ConqueTerm bash.exe

      Error detected while processing function 231..conque_term#set_mappings:
      line 150:
      E31: No such mapping
      Vim: Caught deadly signal HUPo continue

      Vim: Finished.
      Hangup

      #when it works (inside vim buffer):

      [ping@ping-new-laptop ~]$
      [ping@ping-new-laptop ~]$ ls
      c doc Dropbox fuf living files n vim win-home win-programfile
      [ping@ping-new-laptop ~]$
      ~
      ~
      ~
      -- INSERT -- 20,27
      All

      overall I feel there is still some hopes that it can be a production tool...

      regards
      ping