Fwd: Re: vim Utl plugin: how to render a linked doc file

  • ping
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2012
      Hi guys/experts:

      sorry for wide-expend, but I can't figure out a solution for this...
      below is the response to my original issue I got from author of Utl plugin:

      to summarize:

      ==issue==
      use Utl, linking to an external file, when external file is text it
      works perfect.
      regardless of Utl, with autocmd I can open MS-word files from inside vim
      perfectly.
      problem is , with Utl linking to external MS-word file, it doesn't work,
      instead it give me an empty buffer instead of buffer of the rendered
      external file in the text format (this is my target).

      ==my Utl related config==
      let g:utl_cfg_hdl_mt_application_msword="VIM"

      ==my autocmd==
      see below

      b.t.w I feel this is a good feature brought by Utl plugin -- it turns
      text file into a hyper-linked page, analogous to the vim help file
      feature but still be independent of the FT -- just ideally if this
      "linking to autocmd rendered external file" feature can work...

      regards
      ping